Another question of mine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by interval_illusion, May 17, 2004.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

im gonna try to explain this well but i dont know if i can.

most of my life, if im out walking or jogging for a while and it's at all windey, i get this weird pressure in my ears first that soon causes a really bad headache and more pressure.

i also have just recently devolped allergies.

i get headaches and migraines a lot.... they go to my neck.

also, i just feel the the channels between my ears, my nose, my neck, head, etc.... are just not right. always some kinda pressure.

i heard of ear candles before... i was thinking of trying them. anyone know anything about them?

know what could be causing these things? or what i could do about it?

thanks in advance

peace n love,.... trish

2. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

The walking and jogging thing is normal I think. It happens to me anyway. And usually headaches or migranes that go into your neck are from tension. I'm not certain what an ear candle is...

3. interval_illusion

an ear candle is things herbal candle that you stick in your ear and light it and it's supposed to clean out your passages.

anyways...

just to let you all know, im looking for possible explanations and/or connections between all this (and also, btw, im slowly losing my hearing)

and non-traditional solutions or help i can get.

thanks again.

oh and yeah, i know these things can be normal but they seem a bit EXTREME to me.

4. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

sounds to me like you have an inner ear infection. that would cause you to get dizzy. i just got over a really bad one a couple of months ago. it sucked. i had to go get antibiotics, and i so hate taking those things (they give me thrush and i think they are bad for you). anyway, find an herbal remedy if you can. if it gets too bad, you might have to see a doc.

i get dizzy often when i'm exercising if i have either not hydrated myself adequately or if my heart rate is well above what it should be. if you run often outside, maybe invest in a heartrate monitor.

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

It could be an ear infection. But it sounds like a blood pressure problem. You may want to have your pressure checked, in a controlled enviroment, by a health care professional (not at one of those machines at WalMart.)

Migraines have effects on almost all the body's systems. It is a lot more than just a headache. They are almost always accompanied by Fatigue, nausea, sensitivity to light, noise and-or smells. Migraine sufferers often become pale and sweaty, they have problems with elimination, about 20% have pain on only one side of the head, the rest have bilateral pain. The nausea is usually overwelming and many people will vomit. If it goes away by itself in a short period of time, responds to "home remedies" or OTC medicines, it is probably not a migraine. Migraines will deabilitate you. When I havea bad one I cannot get out of bed, move or function. One cannot walk around as normal with a migraine. If you do suspect migraine, seeing a neurologist is best. They don't go away by themselves and you could become crippled by them if they are not treated right.

If your pressure is normal and you are not suffereing from actual migraine, you may want to look into some chiropractic. (I, personally, found chiropractic useless for real migraine, and all of the people in my migraine support group found the same thing. Chiro is good for some things, but migriane is not one of them.)

6. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

I use ear candles whenever wax builds up in my ears. They are not "herbal" as someone suggested. They are cloth cones covered in beeswax. You take a paper plate and cut a small hole in the center. Take the ear candle and place the small end of the cone into the hole in the paper plate ( the paper plate acts as a shield so that hot ashes do not fall into your hair ). Place the end of the ear candle that is protruding through the paper plate gently into the outer ear, so it's just resting there. Don't jam it inside the ear-it doesn't have to be far down in the ear canal. Tilt your head and light the large end of the candle. As the candle burns, it creates a vacuum that draws out all the wax and gunk in the ears. When the candle burns down to just a couple of inches remove it and place the burning end in water. After it cools, if you slice it open, you'll see stuff you never dreamed was in your ears. Use as many as 3-4 for each ear until nothing comes out, then do the opposite side. Always do this with someone else present so you don't set your hair on fire, which can happen if you're not careful. The candles work really well, but they are not for use if there is an infection present-see a doctor.

7. interval_illusion

hey, do you know where i could get those ear candles?

maybe a good site on line?

8. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

Most health food stores carry them, but you need to make sure that you don't have an ear infection because you're not supposed to use them if you do. You're also not supposed to use them if you have a perferated ear drum. I don't know why. I think you should maybe see a doctor or health care provider and have an ear exam based on your posts. Just to make sure, ya know? :)