Animal Abuse - Top story here in Ontario

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by CrucifiedDreams, May 17, 2007.

1. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=80e898e8-4143-4185-9dbd-30d8b0320418

This is all that's been talked about here, since it happened.
    I can't even attempted to get my head around it. It's really got me down.
    The kicker is the owner can get the dog back if he chooses too.
    I'm not sure what the laws are like in the UK, but here, for animal abuse it's like a slap on the wrist. It's just disgusting. People can do whatever they want to their pets here and nothing happens. If you ask me, there should be heavy heavy fines on such actions. Once again not sure what the stories like in the UK, but we here these stories more and more here.

I can't stop asking myself why or how, I can hardly think of doing that to an animal, let alone actually doing it. I just don't understand people. :(

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

this saddens me .........this is another reason i think us humans are fuckin thick and have no respect for any other living life .

3. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

It's unbelievable really, how little respect we as human have.. for anything.

"Criminal animal cruelty charges could be laid against the owner of a dog that was found with its ears cut off"

Fuck that. It shouldn't be could. It should happen. He should be fined and put in jail, and not allowed to have pets in the feature.

4. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

jails to good for scum like that ..........i would throw the **** /s to the lions (lets see how brave they are then )

5. anemieasy

anemieasy Member

6. yeah i didnt want to look at the video its too cruel to see an animal being hurt - if thats what it is.

Actually you can still be hung for stealing sheep in the uk so thats how much we like animals. Also if you use an animal for work purposes it has to have 3 meals a day and a tea break every two hours. Especially if its a decorator or some kind of car mechanic.

Even though in another thread I was saying about that fox it was just a joke - I really wasnt goiing to electrocute it or cut its head off, I might wrestle it to the ground if I can catch it - or put down some astro turf and coat it with prussic acid crystals

7. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I have no idea about you. I guess I should just stop taking anything you say seriously. I didn't really think you would do that, but I can't read you at all. Guess that's obvious.

8. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

in the uk they would take this dog off the guy if he was found guilty and they would ban him from keeping dogs , ideally they should shoot him or put him on a list of people members of the public could shoot legally .

9. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Cruelty to animals or humans aint good.

The RSPCA and the Vetinary association are very hot on animal welfare issues in the UK, anyone abusing animals is liable to receive heavy fines and will be stopped from keeeping animals in future.

10. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

well often people start with cruelty to animals then apply it to humans , thats one of the thing to look for in serial killers animal cruelty

11. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

very very sad.
    I honestly think if we where to give people higher penaltys who abuse animal abuse they would have to change alot more laws - horse racing for example why is that not illegal?
    Why is it ok to keep chickens in tiny tiny cages to lay eggs for us to eat!!

12. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

That's so fucking wrong, it makes me angry!
    If that happened here, the owner wouldn't be a pet owner for life.

13. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

Makes me angry too. And I know, I can't believe that he can not only be a pet owner in the future, he can have THAT dog back! Gr.