Animal Abuse Petition

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by skye*, Jan 26, 2005.

1. skye*

skye* Member

2. juggla

juggla Member

just signed it, i aint a big animal rights guy but its pretty fucked up to put a animal in a little cup, at least throw 'em in a tank so they can move around.

3. Elle

Elle Senior Member

signed. I also try not to shop at walmart, but untill this matter is resolved I am definatley not shopping there.

4. Fernanda

Fernanda Member

Done!

:p Fer

5. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Signed it. It's sad there are a few comments in there of people who say it doesn't matter because it's just a crab... Once again, if it doesn't have fur, it doesn't count :(

6. Peace_is_Free

Peace_is_Free Member

I signed it!! It's wrong. so wrong, no one buys pets from walmart so basically these crabs and frogs are going to live and die in this small cup, as do those um fighting fish, u know the ones that cant have other fish in a tank with them, yeah they sell them in small cups too!

7. Abyle

Abyle Member

Done. They're not as precious as my kitty, but they deserve some damned dignity.

I agree the situation with the betas is wrong too, although I have considered buying one so my precious kitty could get out her killer instincts. (I didn't.)

8. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Does anyone think a "buy and release" would work? I didn't really think so, but thought I'd ask anyway.

9. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

That's strange...and cruel. Why must there be such cruelty?

10. JayJ

JayJ Member

Signed.

This reminds me of those japanese bonsai kitten things...they put kittens in bottles and fed them through pipes till the kitten would grow and its bones would take the shape of the bottle. URGH~ why must they be SO cruel?! Those people deserve to be hanged and quatered

11. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Bonsai kittens are a hoax! Don't believe everything you read :)

12. JayJ

JayJ Member

Been to mainland china. Seen them, along with other rather cruel things

13. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Its a Hoax, The cat would die of malnutrision before its bones got that bendable.
    Signed!

14. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

You've actually seen real bonsai kittens? Sorry if I'm a tad bit sceptical about that, I've seen the bonsai kitties site and it wouldn't work.

I fully believe there are cruelties being done to animals -for one, I count the declawing from one of the other threads among them, and commercially held animals are often also 'modified' in various ways so they grow up misformed, and not just in China either. But Bonsai kittens, no way.

Btw, the real Bonsai (trees/plants) is Japanese in origin, not Chinese :p

15. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Ha ha!! Thats great!

16. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

I signed.

It is bad enough we have pet stores selling pets like this but, now wal-mart has joined.

If you want to welcome a pet into your family please buy the pet from a local breeder.

17. JayJ

JayJ Member

lol i know, which is why i mentioned the japanese thing first time i posted.

and nope, i didn't see bent kittens and stuff, but i did see animals in large bottle like things and such

18. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

here is another link

http://www.petcocruelty.com/

http://think.100acrewood.net/boycott/

Sorry if they are a little off topic since they are about petco and not Wal-mart but petco also sells the crabs and Betas on a cup. They also give people wrong information on how to care for these pets. The tell people that the small bowl they sell with these pets is big enough and (in the case of betas that you only need to change the water once a month. Anyway check out the links there is a lot of good information there.

19. skye*

skye* Member

thanks for the link :)

FAERIE.......there not a hoax, the kittens, on the web that i posted about petitions of the world there are petitions there to help try to stop them from allowing it.heres the petition from that post.................

To: www.bonsaikitten.com

This is disgusting. if you have a heart you will sign this.Lets bring this down.

A site that we were able to shut last year has returned.' www.bonsaikitten.com ' We have to try to shut it down again! A Japanese man in New York breeds and sells kittens that are called BONSAI CATS. That would sound cute, if it weren't kittens that were put into little bottles after being given a muscle relaxant and then locked up for the rest of their lives!! The cats are fed through a straw and have a small tube for their faeces.

The skeleton of the cat will take on the form of the bottle as the kitten grows. The cats never get the opportunity to move. They are used as original and exclusive souvenirs. These are the latest trends in New York, China, Indonesia and New Zealand. If you think you can handle it, view www.bonsaikitten.com and have a look at the methods being used to put these little kittens into bottles.

We can't let this go on any longer-Sign and Stop it now!

If you want more proof go to www.bonsaikitten.com

so yes it is true and sadly enough its still allowed to go on:(

20. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I should not have clicked on that link(bonsai)...I honestly feel I am going to be sick. What can be done?