Animal Abuse on YouTube

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Rising From the Ashes, May 29, 2019.

1. Rising From the Ashes

Rising From the Ashes Members

So today I was searching animal videos & stumbled upon a cruel, horrible montage of videos of dogs killing cats. I cried, then got royally p*ssed! I tried contacting the UK branch of the RSPCA, but my U.S. phone number would not allow me to submit the form. I tried contacting Interpol, but had no luck on their site either. so by now I'm really mad!

My outraged research showed me that Google/YouTube must have at least three reports before they will close down an account. Please pass that information along. Thank you everyone.

(I'm a new member. Is posting the name of the YouTube account mentioned against the rules here)?

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That's a good question. I don't know. Welcome... that's a worthy cause.

3. Rising From the Ashes

Thanks for the welcome. I love your picture! Reminds me of my daughter.

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

That's not me though. It's some woman from google searches I did eons ago when I implemented that avatar. Thank you! I like that picture too. I'm a guy though

Rising From the Ashes likes this.
  5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Not youtube specific but on a slightly related note and I'm sure there are youtube videos discussing it, apparently several horse racing horses have died recently.

Some are suggesting to do away with the "sport".

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Before you finish reading my post, several horses in the wild will die.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is that supposed to be an argument against captive animals being over-exerted and disposed of if they happen to have physical complications or were you just mentioning that?

MochaMood likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We are urged to put down other animals and pets with genetic weaknesses by the green needle, not entirely sure why a business catering for the elite horsemanship would be any different?

Fact is more horses die in the wild, hunted by humans daily than they do on a racetrack. Race horses thrive under the stamina and discipline and they enjoy racing, they enjoy being a horse.

Humans participate in sport knowing full aware their brains and bodies will turn to jelly in older life and nobody really cares about that and just like horse racing, stuff happens. But even wild horses or pet horses fall and break legs every day or just simply pass away... No, I don't blame horse racing.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And actually, just like the strict breeding survey done for the German Shepherd, I'm happy that the weaker broods are bred out or generically weakened traits are bred out. It's not good for the continuation of the species, it's not even entirely good for the animal in question.

So to me it's not the business or the breeders doing the wrong thing, it's still your backyard pet barns.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Humans have a choice and can weigh the risks of competing in sport though, horses cannot.

I don't think hunting horses is good either but in civilized Western Culture, in regards to horse racing, these horses are supposedly healthy horses, so it is problematic that horses are sustaining injury and death by the trainers for a sport that amounts to entertainment value.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Entertainment or not, the horses still thrive on the activity they're doing. Some get jittery with anxiety at the gates yes, but watch them bolt. Whether a horse can weigh the risk or not, it's doing what it's designed to do, and we as humans have modified that trait into what they are today.

I have been on the race track on a calming horse to help calm the horses down, my horse was social and the other horses came to her and they'd nudge heads and get ready to race. I can't speak for every single meeting in the world, but theres never been any malice in anything ive been involved with.

12. Rising From the Ashes

I've also heard the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency might be part of horse racing. And why not? Those horses are athletes too.

13. Rising From the Ashes

This made me smile.

soulcompromise likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Personally the dancing horses is much more cruel because that's not normal horse movement or behaviour, plus some classes such as the Spanish dancing horses are made to stare at the ground and because they're so finely tuned, many of their breeds would probably face the green needle if they aren't up to the man made task.

15. I don't think humans ought to be engineering the evolution of any species. Let them decide, nay, let love decide who thrives. It won't just be the fastest, the best looking. Breeding an animal just to be fast and have stamina will just create a grotesque former version of its once beautiful self. Check out those cows they've turned into gigantic organic meat factories. It's revolting.

16. this is fun

this is fun Banned

Best to report anything you see that is animal abuse.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think there'll be too much a difference I mean horses have basically been the same for a long time now, well maybe not the sturdy battle horses but race horse, you can't really evolve or engineer them any different if it's the same genetics? Evolution to a degree I suppose over a long period of time, but much like a German Shepherd you're going to have your working class and your show class. Same dog, but entirely differently geared in the heads.

For anybody that doesn't know, a black German Shepherd is a working class dog, the Gold/Black is a show breed. Show breeds are bred to be pretty with proper angularity while a working class dog... Well it works. A show dog might be quite lazy, but not a working dog. It needs to go go.

18. Rising From the Ashes

Yes. The *Airs Above the Ground* movements are obscene.
    Like Tennessee Walkers. What they do to those beautiful creatures is painful and cruel.

19. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

People only think they control their own nature, much less mother nature. Google and others are developing AI that will even allow the individual user to filter out such things if they don't get to it first. No doubt, the Nazis will complain it infringes on their freedom of speech.

20. EricF1976

EricF1976 Jedi Knight

Dogs do kill cats. That is a sad fact of life. However I would think that a video such as what the OP mentioned would violate Youtube terms not to mention it is in very poor taste. My aunt and uncle have both. They all seem to get along. Mostly because they were all raised together. Personally I don't think is right for any social media platform to broadcast or encourage any sort of animal abuse. Btw I am currently exploring the vegan lifestyle.