Ani Difranco's new album "Knuckle Down"

Discussion in 'Music' started by soulrebel51, Jan 25, 2005.

1. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

It came out today.. so far I've only gotten the title track, "Studying Stones", and "Manhole"... Manhole is by far my favorite song of her's, it's amazing, and so are the other two... I'm gonna try and actually buy this cd. :p

Did anybody else get this today? How do ya feel about it?

2. FreeBird1969

FreeBird1969 Fleas on their paws.

I listened to it as well...It's the first of Ani D. that I've actually listened to, and I must say she really surprised me. In a good way. She's coming to Dallas around my birthday, but it's a 17 or older venue. :(

3. soulrebel51

Get a fake ID.. :p

Or you could try to meet her before the show, and once she sees that you're cool, she'll prolly let her in.. good luck with that. :D

But.. 17+... haha what the hell... you should be able to get in, drinking age isn't 17... wonder why they picked that age... :confused:

4. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

ani is so beautiful. that is all.

humandraydel

5. herbivore

herbivore Member

i think its amazing. paradigm is my favorite right now. man thats a good song. i think the spoken word on it i will have to let grow on me a bit, but all in all its a great album and i recomend it for everyone ;) if you get a chance to get her DVD 'trust' you should because its just incredible. they catch the magic of an ani show wonderfully. or even better just go see her live! i've seen her about 10 times now and it just keeps getting better and better. woooo ANI! !!

6. t-dub

t-dub Pass me the pepper

ive heard one song, and i loved it!! i want to get the new album really bad... maybe tomorrow :D

7. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I bought the album today, and it's good. I do with there was some more politically charged material on it, but "Knuckle Down" is a good album.

8. surfingdreamer

surfingdreamer Member

hay all,

havent bought the album yet, but it's high up on the 'to-do' list!

i've heard the sample songs from the website though- manhole and studying stones are both fantastic.

i hope this album is more of the wonderful Ani we all know and love. i wasnt really feeling her last effort (educated guess).

cant wait to listen to the rest of the album!

xox

9. inbloom

inbloom as the crow flies...

i really like ani difranco, alot. she's a great artist. but, like, is it just me or does she come out with a new album every six months? :confused:

10. soulrebel51

I thought Educated Guess came out last January, but I may be mistaken... :confused:

11. inbloom

well, you know, i didn't literally mean every six months. but it doesn't take her long to pop out with a new album. i think it's good when artists take their time, and make the fans wait a few years. great art isn't rushed. well, maybe she just works at a faster pace, but i was just mentioning it.

12. soulrebel51

She had something like 250+ songs written back in 1995, with only 9 albums (including demos) at that time... that leaves a hell of alotta songs... and you'd assume that she only keeps writing over time...

So if she has the songs, and doesn't force them, then I don't really see a problem with that... from what I've heard so far, this is one of her top 3 cds ever, imo.

13. inbloom

wow, she must write like mad. that's awesome.

14. surfingdreamer

surfingdreamer Member

you're right, it came out January 2004.

but anyway... what are everyones favourite Ani songs/albums then?

I have eight of her albums, and the only two i dont adore are; 'Up, up, up...' and 'Educated Guess'.
    i think my favourite would be 'Like I Said (songs 1990-1992)' as it contains several of my fave songs - 'Roll With It', 'Fire Door', 'Gratitude', 'Both Hands'. I love 'Little Plastic Castle' as well tho...

to be honest, all of her albums i own are on pretty heavy rotation!

xox

15. emilymiller

emilymiller Member

shes fucking amazing. im in love with her. anyone goin to the show in north charleston?

16. herbivore

herbivore Member

ani is definaly amazing.... my favorite album of hers right now would probably be revelling/reckoning...but it changes. right now i'm totally diggin the new one. Paradigm is probably one of my favorite ani songs ever! i'll be seeing her in lakeside and possibly indianapolis. i've seen her like 10 times now but it just gets better and better. i really love her self titled as well. :)

17. surfingdreamer

surfingdreamer Member

damn! you're so lucky... she needs to get her ass over here and do a UK tour...

18. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I lost my Educated Guess CD... shite... :(... I think I did... I'm too tired to check. :p

But... how did I miss this. How did I have no idea Ani D. wasn't putting out a new album...

omfg... I'm ashamed. I love her so much. She's always been one of my inspirations.... I even wrote a song today dedicated to rape victims, sexual assault victims, and such and I wrote another political based song and I didn't realize it till now (possibly subconciously) but they're soooo Ani D. sounding.

19. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

I just got it the other day... Its an amazing album.. Ani Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. naturegoddess69

naturegoddess69 Member

I haven't got Knuckledown yet. I'm going to see her again in April! I'm so excited! I love her! My fave albums are: Like I Said, Dilate, Imperfectly & Little Plastic Castle. I wasn't impressed by Educated Guess either. I do like a few songs from Evolve though. I still prefer the older stuff usually though. I hope it's a great album, since everyone here is saying so!