Anger mind games? Who wins and who loses?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Maybe just some advice, as far as your enemies go, or maybe we’ll say people who purposefully made you mad or upset in your past? What do you think is better? Just staying angry and pissed and upset with the person and keep holding a long grudge no matter what? Or just moving on with life and forgetting about them?

my friend says that they end up defeating you at the end if you just stay pissed and let them have a place inside your head? If you don’t let them get inside your head and try to change who you are? He says that’s a better way to deal with it? What’s your take on dealing with anger, or perhaps “toxic/difficult” people?

2. Harbal

Harbal Members

As is so often the case in life, the middle path is the way to go. Holding anger and resentment will only damage yourself, whereas forgiving and forgetting is all too often easier said than done. I would say the best course is to plot your revenge, execute it, and move on feeling satisfied with the outcome. I would also add that physical violence should be avoided if possible, or at least keapt to a minimum,

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I once let a situation get in my head, and it took years to work it out.

Now I let things go... sticking to my belief that most other people are rude, crazy or just oblivious. When proven otherwise, I rejoice!

Anger breeds more and more anger so it is best to let it go, or it could turn into seething anger which leads to really bad things.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

always strangeness without drama. never drama without strangeness.

never choose enemies. those who choose to annoy others choose themselves.
    (then, eventually, they either acquire a conscience, or kill themselves from the resulting depression)

indeed, never trust your own anger, and your biases even less, except for one,
    because goodness and the desire to be feared, are absolute binary opposites.

consideration is morality, evil is the lack of it.
    you can't avoid causing harm by hating logic.

evil is not an identity, it is a form of behavior.
    aggressive inconsiderateness, is that form, of behavior.

and none of this has anything to do with gender, ideology nor belief

and never trust a narcissist with any kind of authority.
    if people kept that in mind when voting they would never elect authoritarianism.

and don't expect anything good to come to you from authoritarian drama either,
    it is very very unlikely that it ever will.

and it ought to be a lot more obvious then it seems to some people to be,
    but the price of greatness is the loss of personal freedom, and worth very little else.

not denying there may be things worth trading personal freedom for, but greatness is not one of them.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022