Angelina Jolie had both breasts removed

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, May 14, 2013.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I heard about this as it was being discussed on a tv show today. Yes, she has/had a genetic predisposition of 87% to get breast cancer and with the mastectomy it went down to 5%. Also, she had this done in February...so since she is going public with it now, surely it is to raise awareness of everything involved with cancer, being proactive, etc. There are some celebrities (which I won't name to dirty up this thread) that would probably be whining on the Today show or similar IMMEDIATELY after...or even before so they could get as much publicity as possible.

I applaud her for it.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

She's got a serious risk, she has the money to deal with it, and now she's got silicone.

Meh?

I mean, I'd have to see some good video to determine the quality of the work.... of course.

But that's about the most sensible elective surgery I can imagine. Good for her. It's also the first news about her that I've actually cared about, since about forever.

3. lode

lode Banned

I myself would think perhaps regular screening might be an option also, but then again, you'll only know after you have it in that case, her mother died of it, and she has an 87% chance of it, so no, I don't think it was unreasonable.

4. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Anyone reckon they could end up appearing on Ebay...?

I suppose u could pickle them...Would that keep their bounciness?

5. IamnotaMan

On another point, wouldnt it make more sense to ban Monsanto's chemicals(and all that carcinogenic shit that lobbyists foist on us), rather than Angelina Jolie's tits?

Whats next? Us men have to have our balls cut off, rather than banning GM crops?

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Silicoe tea bags

....or

[​IMG]

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

is there a link between eating genetically modified food and developing testicular cancer?

8. odonII

odonII O

Good point.

I've just had the MMR jab and was a little worried based on scaremongering. On balance, I had nothing to really worry about. If he has some legitimate concerns perhaps he should inform us with REAL science.

9. IamnotaMan

Well I'm sure eating GM food will give u cancer.

However, I'm not sure eating your balls will cause u to shit GM food.

That help? :-/

10. IamnotaMan

I know someone who had his balls amputated, due to cancer.

Now our national health service is on a bit of a cutback drive, so service isnt the best nowadays

Obviously he looked a bit weird without his balls. So they put in pingpong balls as a replacement.
    But they kept floating when he was in the bath with his Mrs. And she thought it looked a bit weird. So a month later, the doctor agreed to remove them.

Then, they put in 2 ballbearings instead. They tended to hang down alot, and he'd sound like Barry White when he was talking. So a month later, the doctor agreed to remove those too.

Then the doctor put 2 pickled onions in instead.
    A month later, he goes back to the doctor and says "remove them please".
    Doctor says "why? They dont float in the bath? They dont make your voice all weird? They even feel like real balls. Why should I spend taxpayer money on changing them a 3rd time?

So he says to the doctor. Well yeah, they feel ok.
    Except I cant get a boner. EVER.
    Apart from at really inappropriate times.
    Doctor asks "how do you mean?"

And he replies, "well, every time I see a cheese sandwich"...

:-/

11. eggsprog

why are you sure that genetically modified food will give you cancer? is there any research you could point me to?

12. odonII

odonII O

Was that meant to be a joke? Where was the punchline?

13. IamnotaMan

No, I leave the funnies to you Odon..

14. IamnotaMan

1. Google it
    2. It will confuse your immune system because it is "alien".
    One of the key ideas of GM crops is that they are mutated DNA, made to make cells grow faster.

So rather than mopping up pre-cancer cells, it will be fighting "other battles".

So you'll die. But hey.. Monsanto's bosses will make more money...

Alternatively, you could eat it, wait til u die, then get your estate to sue Monsanto. Who will be above the law anyway..

15. eggsprog

Since when is the onus on me to prove your point? If you claim something as fact, it is generally assumed that you are able to provide some evidence of that claim.

16. odonII

odonII O

It's the way you tell 'em... :p

17. IamnotaMan

Odon, I'm a big fan of technology. I think we should spend a much bigger proportion of GDP on it. By GM food is bad shit. Imagine DDT and Thalidomide rolled into 1, then multiplied by 1000...

I did have some files on my other computer. I read thro what some experts had to say and it was horrific. Even a judge agreed with some protestors trashing a GM crop, because it was monstrous.

Believe me, or dont believe me. Your body cant digest plastics, its the same with GM.

18. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

So no chance for before/after pics? Damn... :(

She has shitton of money, she can even buy a person and order surgeons to transplant his whole skin. Even if she got cancer, she would pay millions of dollars for the newest technology and get herself cured.

It is silly for me how she wants to 'help other women'. Many of them will die because they don't even have money to go check if they are healthy or not.

19. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

pseudo-intelectual spouting pseudo-science.

20. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Not that I have testicles but I don't trust GMO's at all and I wouldn't be surprised. I try to eat as much food as possible that's marked "non GMO project".