Ancient Chinese civilization vs Egyptian ancient civilization

Discussion in 'History' started by Ahmd-maryland, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Ahmd-maryland

Ahmd-maryland Members

In your prespective which civilization was stronger and had the bigger impact on our modern history, the Chinese ancient civilization or the Egyptian one?

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

3. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Chinese easily. Their food, written language and religion spread into all of Asia. Seems to be a big hit in the West too. I'm sure Egypt made its mark too, but i dont see it as much in my corner of the world.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Actually I think it was the Mongol empire which encompassed both China and Egypt, covered most of Northern Asia and India.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The mongol empire had a shorter but heavy and direct impact on our western society, the influences of significant ancient civilisations like Egypt, India or China are more subtile and indirect but probably influenced and impacted us that way at least as much.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

China. Without China existing, we literally would not be able to function in this world. We would have no GPS, no electricity, no medicine for certain cures that would doom millions.

Was watching a documentary about just this morning.

7. Asmodean

Uhm, we would likely still function lol. But in another way.
    How would we have no electricity without ancient or any chinese civilisation? As I understand its invention and realisation did not depend on China

Tishomingo likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well without an ancient china there'd be no china today.

The documentary showed just how significant Chinese manufacture is dependable everywhere in the world. It was a dramatic documentary but they showed how there'd literally be bare basics on the shelves of food stores that would sky rocket in price sending countries into a depression of sorts.

Their technology is aparently incredibly relied on in the electricity world, if China didn't exist the manufacturing of this product doesn't happen, the world goes dark.

Chinese medicine helps cure millions of people from diseases like Malaria* and other diseases the world may not have recovered from had it not been for the Chinese.

And Michio Koku was even on the documentary, so you know it.was a good one. :)

9. Asmodean

I don't know that. First: your explanation says something different than your initial statement (namely that we depend on chinese technology which i know, but not that we wouldn't have electricity without them). Two: if that doc concludes we literally wouldn't function without modern chinese tech (already a diff thing the thread is about but nevertheless) it doesn't sound that good to me: who knows how our society would function without China. Perhaps it states that we depend partly on chinese technology because we let our technology and markets intertwine. And so certain tech infrastructure would not function at this point without the parts that chinese companies contributed. Like GPS.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

OK cool. Thanks for galvanising what I said I suppose.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

egypt just did what the aliens told them to.

Irminsul likes this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Short list of Chinese inventions....

Paper Making 105 A.C. ...
    Movable Type Printing 960-1279 AD. ...
    Gunpowder 1000 A.D. ...
    Compass 1100 A.D. ...
    Alcohol About 2000 BC-1600 BC. ...
    Mechanical Clock 725 A.D. ...
    Tea Production 2,737 BC. ...
    Silk About 6,000 years ago

The Egyptians invented....

Dead people that don't rot
    Pointy ass empty buildings

Bilby and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  13. parua

parua Members

The ancient Egyptians invented an exotic form of travel that practically died out with their culture. It was revived for a short time in the 1980s, but for unknown reasons it all but died out completely again. I'll see if I can find more information about it...

14. parua

parua Members

Ah...here we go:

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

More ancient documentation claim the 3 large pyramids were there up to 8000 years before the Egyptians showed up at the plaze and planetary alignments would tend to agree that 10,500 years ago the sphinx looked directly at the centre of the Star constellation Leo, and the apex of the pyramids themselves were aligned exactly to the belt of Orion.

Considering we cannot accurately build those same pyramids with today's technology, I tend to doubt that the egyptians misrepresented their alignments to be 8000 years out, plus the Sumerian sagas which predate the egyptians by thousands of years already talk about the pyramids being there.

16. Tyrsonswood

Okay... So dead people that don't rot is the best they came up with.

17. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

Except they kinda just stumbled upon it by accident because of their environment
    Egyptian Mummies

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  18. Tyrsonswood

Okay... So, basically they were worthless.

19. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

I think maybe they gave us housecats?

20. Tyrsonswood

[​IMG]