Anarchist, I wanna hear your alternatives.

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Share the Warmth, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I am tired of reading individuals on these forums speak out against the corruption of democracy while never offering any concrete information on what their plan for a replacement would be.

Unless you have something constructive to offer as an alternative, you are doing no one any good. The world could be a much worse off place than it is today. It could get a LOT worse. Those who show us images of suffering in third world nations while turning a blind eye from all the beautiful concepts democracy has brought us (like the ability to even see these images to begin with and the right discuss them freely) appear to lack and understanding of the state of the world a hundred, two hundred, or more years ago.

If you think war is bad with chemical weapons, car bombs, and high powered rifles, imagine a time when it was a soldier's to pillage and rape the women of the defeated enemy. When there was simply no moral opposition to such an idea whatsoever. And I'm not talking about a few soldiers, but all of them. That was how war was conducted then.

Do some research on medieval torture devices and you will learn shit that makes what happened at Abu Ghraib look like sleepover night at boy scout day camp.

When you look at a picture of a third world child starving or senselessly killed by war, be happy you have the luxury of being well fed and of having the decency to feel saddened by what you see.

Yeah the world sucks but it's a better place than it was and it's a hell of a lot better than what it could be.

I'm all for people striving for better solutions, for devoting their lives to making this planet a little closer to sane. I am not saying "this is as good as it gets" but rather, we ARE making progress, just slow progress.

But when you want to potentially rip down all that progress and try to start again, and you don't even have a fucking plan, you are going to come under some pretty heavy criticism, and with good reason.

Here's the thing. Democracy is concrete, tangible, and can be bent to the will of the people. Anarchy is vague, broad, and hasn't even proven itself in any form as a sustainable form of government with any kind of longevity.

Yeah it may work but when we're talking about the future of humanity, we aren't gonna pin our hopes on a "maybe". That's absurdity.

And the definition itself. Not even the anarchists seem to be close to deciding how anarchy would even be played out. So we can sit around and argue over how we should make this anarchy thing work AFTER we've brought on the collapse of western civilization?

Yeah, great plan guys. Let's destroy this system that is at least crawling towards progress for one that may take us a few thousands years back.

I'd like to hear from the anarchists now on how they envision their perfect world, and maybe even how, when, and why they became attracted to anarchy to begin with.

This is an opportunity to speak up with something constructive, as opposed to the usual destructive criticisms.

2. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

simply because the world is not shaped how you like it, and this so called Beautiful democracy is actually a sham veneer that coats a bloodthirsty mafia - please dont just ask for anarchists to argue with you - find out what anarchism is about - just dont listen to boring people who tell you anarchy is chaos - its not its order ! also dont listen to bores who keep going on about dead guys who even when alive had birds nests in their beards and talked in terms of property rights and other moral dilemmas - there is no modern anarchist dilemma - only a problem with one object - the defeat of capitalism

I suggest you start with looking into Reclaim The Streets who are perhaps one of the most influential groups in the world - they are from London and staged many of the escapades that are copied by others, there are plenty of german and dutch anarchists too - try the UK's "wombles" the anarchists not the furry creatures

theres many groups out there - look into French anarchists from the 50's onward !

its not about a debate anymore - its about action

dont confuse this with an ideological anarchy because not all antcapitalists are anarchist - but all anarchists are anti centralised government

3. Sign Related

Sign Related The Don Killuminati

I'm an anarchist atheist. You wouldnt wanna hear my alternative way. But it goes a lil like this: create a more freer minded society by banding public religious practices along with books like the bible and the quran (this is lesser government here at work)...abolish the U.S. (making it the former U.S.) for North America to stand on its own with more liberty...abolish capitalism for every adult to get paid equally (call it equalism) off of North America's total in profits...

The rest of this reads off for what to do for liberty sakes to be free from current laws because the law is evil for trapping ppl in a jail outside of jail (remember: you dont have to be in jail to be doing time):

eliminate the function of all court buildings and state officials and the state called D.C. itself for liberty sakes (this creates the former U.S.)...
    carry out justice by one's own means to be free from foes for liberty sakes (this is because justice should be in the hands of the citizen(s) violated)...
    erase any dirt put to ones name such as bad records in the past by any means best for liberty sakes....
    brandish concealed weapons for power over bitches and for self protection for liberty sakes...

^^^Anyhow, that sums up the better alternative way. It's how things should be for liberty sakes.

I became attracted to anarchy early this year. My only reason is because I grew a mind of my own lets say.

By the way, every adult in North America would valuntarily cooperate in owning everything in North America under what I call equilism. A tax would take all and leave all with a check in the mail or bank account based off of all profits made in North America. You'd have to valunteer to work though as an adult for this equilism.

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

If anarchists bring down the current regime, the are just opening the way for another regime, A'la Lenin. People want to be led. Anarchist may not, but, they are a minority that will suffer just like everyone else, regardless.

5. Sign Related

Once anarchy rules it will not be stopped. You'd have to kill just about everyone in the country to try for another regime. Which wouldnt even happen. I think ppl would be just too happy with life as anarchists.

6. crummyrummy

no I would have to kill everyone to reinstate democracy.
    The strong would rule and the weak would labor for the strong, dont kid yourself.

7. Breakxeggs

Breakxeggs Member

AKA:: Hes tired of me lol.

8. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

so even if I don't work, I get paid the same as the guy next door who spends 60 hours per week in the coal mines? I'm liking this!

so there is no law, ergo there is no crime. Liking that more. I can jack whatever I want and cap whomever I want with no fear of rapproach.

I see. And when you brandish your concealed weapon, I vaporize your head with mine and it's all in the name of liberty, huh?

May I be the first to tell you that you're an idiot? Please?

9. crummyrummy

anarchism fails to consider what humanity has always proven it is driven by...GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!!!!!!!

10. Sign Related

Nope. Let me make this clear... You'd have to valunteer to work and be adult to get the benifits of equilism.

And yes you can do what you want so brandish that weapon and protect yourself and your personal things. But do know that if you violate someone they can get you back.

And no idiot here. I'm too smart to be one. :)

11. crummyrummy

so who is in power to enforce this structure?

12. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

"I'm an anarchist atheist. You wouldnt wanna hear my alternative way.?"

no not really

"create a more freer minded society by banding public religious practices along with books like the bible and the quran"

So banning cartain books will create free minds? I thought anarchy was a little or no central government basically in my opinon freedom. But you wont allow people freedom of religon. Please dont call yourself a anarchist you offend anyone who actually knows anything about anarchism.

"every adult to get paid equally (call it equalism)"

So the surgeon and the janitor get the same compensation? Where is the incentive to go to school or college?

"
    evil for trapping ppl in a jail outside of jail "

Oh no evil is not allowing people to read cartain books! I really hope you dont become leader of this fantasy land YOU would be evil.

"erase any dirt put to ones name such as bad records in the past by any means best for liberty sakes"

Oh yay for the pedophiles and rapists!

"My only reason is because I grew a mind of my own lets say."

hopefully it will keep growing!

13. Sign Related

For the equilism? We the ppl that are anarchist with the aid of technology (such as computer systems).

My version of anarchy isnt no government, it's lesser government. And the lesser would be of an anarchism/atheism kind. There would be a council (called the Council of Liberty) of them (anarchist atheists) to lead the then North America into more liberty than ever before. There'll be a Department of Equilism to take care of the calulations and etc for the valunteering workers.

14. crummyrummy

then its not anarchy, its government

15. Sign Related

So banning cartain books will create free minds? I thought anarchy was a little or no central government basically in my opinon freedom. But you wont allow people freedom of religon. Please dont call yourself a anarchist you offend anyone who actually knows anything about anarchism.

^^^Religion may no longer be needed with what else I'd install for the everyday learner (concerning astral projection. A whole nother topic I'll drop soon enough). But religion will no longer be allowed to be praticed publically. If folks would want to pratice religion they'd have to do it in private (in the privicy of their homes or risk getting shot in public by an atheist lol).

"every adult to get paid equally (call it equalism)"

So the surgeon and the janitor get the same compensation? Where is the incentive to go to school or college?

^^^
    Every worker gets the same. Pay raises based on what ppl earn. So ppl would want to make more for everyone to make more. And the kind of job and what defines a job would have to be approved by the Department of Equilism. The incentive to go to school or college would still be there depending on the person in what their true goals are.

"erase any dirt put to ones name such as bad records in the past by any means best for liberty sakes"

Oh yay for the pedophiles and rapists!

^^^Once again, the ppl violated would get justice their own way by their own hands if they wanted to get justice like that. So that takes care of that.

16. Sign Related

You need to do some homework on anarchism.

17. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

I suppose I'm an anarchist. But my ideas might not match someone's definition completely. I DO have a pretty good vision of the (almost) perfect world...

First of all, the majority of people are not smart enough to live without some type of "government" no matter what you might want to call it. Large groups of people need a system of sorts in order to live efficiently with each other in a close environment. That is why government happens. But every state, every geological area, is different with different needs and wants. Even one town is different from another in many ways. The smaller the area of focus, the easier it is to know the right things to do for the inhabitants. "Government", as a national force, needs to be totally abolished. A smaller system needs to be established where each county takes care of and makes important and realistic decisions for it's own citizens by consensus. Federal law would be abolished. Counties, towns, or individuals living in less populated rural areas would be free to choose their own ideals and standards. A State organization would be there only to handle things like programs for the poor, services like electricity and phone, and highway maintainance. A peace keeping group consisting of volunteers from the communities would replace police. Counciling would be the first plan of attack in dealing with "problem" people. Physical restraint would be a last resort.

Oh yea, and classes would be taught from kindergarten on in the art of human relations.

18. Sign Related

A peace keeping group consisting of volunteers from the communities would replace police

^^^Naw fuck that. That's the same as the police and might as well be the former police of the old society. Each person should act as a police only against violations against their own person and/or own personal belongings. Like I said Justice should be in the hands of the citizen violated.

Plus, there shouldnt be any poor ppl in an anarchy.

19. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

^^^Religion may no longer be needed with what else I'd install for the everyday learner (concerning astral projection. A whole nother topic I'll drop soon enough). But religion will no longer be allowed to be praticed publically. If folks would want to pratice religion they'd have to do it in private (in the privicy of their homes or risk getting shot in public by an atheist lol).

First of all that isnt even funny it is intolerant and prejuduced. Isnt one one of the foundations of anarchism personal liberty? So you wont allow public expression of religon some free country you are!

"The incentive to go to school or college would still be there depending on the person in what their true goals are."

You still have not answered my question. Why would someone want a laborus job like a coal miner when he could get paid the same in retail or a less difficult job?Also why would people feel the need to start bessinesses or become successful when they get compensated the same amount?

"lead the then North America into more liberty than ever before"

I guess that is why they would get shot if they pray outside?

"Once again, the ppl violated would get justice their own way by their own hands if they wanted to get justice like that. So that takes care of that."\

So what consitutes a crime worthy of death or will you allow citizens to kill because they dont like a person?

please I REALLY hope this is a joke.

20. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

So what about murder that person is dead so then who would bring justice? What if they have no kin then who would? What if the people kill the wrong person then what happens? You DESPERATLY need to look at these possible scenarios!