An interesting radio debate

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Dude111, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

2. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

I didn't hear much of a debate, just a very rude man who wouldn't let the young woman speak. To be honest I thought he was funny, too. He sounded like one of the political exiles who were living in the States at the time and had a political and economic interest in overthrowing Saddam. And, if you remember, that Iraqi "Government in waiting" here didn't exactly work out either, and there were reports of a lot of corruption and theft.

In hind sight the young lady was proven to be right.

3. Dude111

Exactly!!!!!

Many people have died FOR NO REASON and thats the saddest part of this!!

4. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

As despicable as Saddam was, he did maintain the balance of power in a very volatile region. There were no terrorist organizations in Iraq because they were seen as a threat to Saddam, and he provided a counterbalance to Iran. Saddam may not have been good for the people of Iraq, but he was good for the rest of the world.

I think this is what Daddy Bush had in mind when he recalled the army before they reached Baghdad. Baby Bush is truly an instance where the Apple fell miles from the tree. I don't think either President Bush was very bright, but at least Dad had the sense to leave alone what the Western World had put in place as a balance the power in the Middle East.

5. 42snihctih42

42snihctih42 Member

i dont think they died for no reason, iraq now has a parlimentary government, the sanctions have been lifted, and its also never mentioned that the invasion of iraq scared lybia into handing over its nuclear weapons program (which was much more advanced then we expected) without a fight, so now lybias out of the question, and saddams out of the question. patriot act and torture scandles aside, dont you think after the long line of atrocious military dictators supported by previous administrations its about time someone stood up to one of them?

please correct me if im wrong

6. crumsNcookies

crumsNcookies Member

lol Holy shit, I actually have saved wav file of this same recording on my computer which I never deleted from that time period.

Anyway this was obviously spewed propaganda for support of the war, I mean the radio station apparently had to pick the most air headed annoying voice to speak against the war. As well the Iraqi man sounded so much more interesting.

7. Dude111

Well the guy was an idiot no doubt,HE WOULDNT LET HER TALK!!!

I wonder if he was even from that area??