An amazing herb has been overlooked...

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by The beholder, Jan 6, 2005.

1. The beholder

The beholder Member

In my many experiments with herbs to find rare psychoactive ones I came across one. This one has never been recognized or even mentioned in psychedelic literature. I know for a fact that its psychoactive I smoked it and it was just like marijuana, the only problem seems to be finding 'good stuff' the first place I found it was in a little spanish botanical store on long island, but i've tried ordering it after that from places online and haven't found any of the same quality. Also I went to amsterdamn and in one of the cafes we bought what was supposed to be 'columbian bud' and my friend didn't notice but I immediatly noticed it was this herb, they were trying to pass it off as MJ to suckers.

effects are quite nice its comes on almost immediately and you just basically feel stoned, also gives you wild dreams very vivid and gives you insight into interpersonal realtionships. So if you think you've read just about everything on psychedelics/psychoactive's here's one you haven't come across and I don't know why no one has discovered it before for smoking. So if your a psychonaut here it is:

Artemesia Vulgaris, or MUgwort...

good luck, and tell me of your experience..

2. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

???really??? mugwort is a herb you can find in many shops that deal with essensial oil, herbs, incence, and things of that nature. shit i have some mugwort in my cupboard right now.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I have friend who used too much and wound up in hospital for heart problems. Make sure you don't over do it!
    He said it was fun...unti... I'd suggested it to him for relazation from some family stress he was under.

4. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's a good point drumminmama. I have always followed the rule of thumb of burning it outdoors for the smoke is rather harsh and can be toxic from what I have heard. Please take care those of you who choose to smoke it.

5. I_Am_A_Robot

I_Am_A_Robot Member

where can i find it in NY , at a mall or what kind of shop . any shops i would know of?

6. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

the think with weed is that a lethal dose is about 1500lbs in 15 minutes, meaning you cant die from it, this is not tru with other herbs, or other drugs.

7. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Member

Hey! Mugwort is a common weed that grows all over the place here in England. You see al lot of it by the roadside. I think it's known as the "travellers herb". Legend has it that you put a leaf or two inside your shoe and you'll never get tired from walking.
    It's related to wormwood one of the ingredients of absinthe which also has a lot myths associated with it. You get blasted from absinthe cuz of the high alcohol content, I doubt if the herb plays much of a part.
    I heard that if you do a lot of mugwort it makes your vision turn blue, not because of phychic effect though. It's because a blue chemical gets into your eyeballs and tints your retina. I'll give it a miss myself.

8. VooDooChildSG

VooDooChildSG Member

where can i get it? i'm 15 & off the internet doesn't sound good because my parents might get suspicious. i live in pa by the way.

9. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

any good occult shops will carry it cause you use it to "cleanse" certain ritual tools of negative energy, check in a phone book under metaphysical supplies, herb stores might have it as well, but deffinately look for occult or new age stores that carry herbs, most do.

10. VooDooChildSG

VooDooChildSG Member

hey thanks man. i'll check that out.

11. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Mugwort was one of the main ingredients of beer, hundreds of years ago, instead of hops. The name literally means beer plant. Any who has studied zymurgy would know this. Many old style beer/ale recipes still use it but none commercially that I know of. Used as a bittering agent and to clear the brew.

12. adrian nor

adrian nor Member

The beholder: YOU'RE KIDDING?!?!?!?! It grows like EEEEEVERYWHERE in Norway! I remember that I smoked it once believing it was wormwood! I got some effects, but believed it to be placebo.... Thank god!! Hahahahahahahaha....

13. adrian nor

adrian nor Member

14. mescalitoloco

mescalitoloco Member

Mugwort has been around for awhile. For this and MANY other entheogens...shop at my friends online store. It is called the Sacred Garden ans you can get to it by going to mindzeyecreationz.com. Prices are very reasonable and the quality is SUPER!

15. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

I believe it has the same active ingredient as wormwood. Thujone I think.

Also, probably not a good idea to use as a pot substitute, it's know to damage many organs including the heart and liver.

16. Xac

Xac Visitor

Really?

Just curious because ive smoked a bit of wormwood myself (not worth it, didnt do anything for me anyway)

well i hope it hasnt done me any damage.

17. ausrotten911

ausrotten911 Member

How much of this stuff do you need to smoke in order to get a good high?

18. Josefus

Josefus Member

You don't. Why don't you wait until you've gotten out of puberty before you start killing yourself by injesting potentially toxic plants? Enjoy life while you still have it by the balls.