Amsterdam Weed Laws

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by Bake21, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Bake21

Bake21 Guest

Was hoping that someone out there can help me out. I am planning a trip to Amsterdam in June '12. I have been there a fewtimes before in 2011 and I had heard that the Dutch govt. had passed legislation to make coffeshops and purchase of weed would be restricted to Dutch citizens. When I was there last, some of the coffeshop employees were hopeful that this would not happen. And some did not think that it would happen til 2015 if any. I do know that if they do pass this into a law then the Amsterdam revenue would take a signifigant hit. Like I said I was there in October 2011 and it hadn't passed. Does anyone out there know if the coffeshops and purchasing of weed is still legal for tourists?

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think it is still legal. It's for sure in most other cities (I live in Groningen) but it could be different in Amsterdam, I haven't been there for ages.

3. Bake21

Bake21 Guest

Thanks for the reply. I had been doing some research after making my post and found an article that says that southern Netherlands would be following the new law as of jan '12 and that eventually they whole country would follow in time. Sayin that Amsterdam, due to the tourism wouldnt do it until Jan 2013. But i figured its always better to get the word from an actual dutch citizen. Played in a softball tourney in Hengelo and the people there were awesome. I have the utmost respect for dutch people, alwaays been helpful, polite, and cool to me. Being from the US, that means alot, cause we have a bunch of greedy, disrespectful bunch of douchebags. Lol. Thank you for the help.

4. matty223

matty223 Member

go enjoy, the weitpass isnt goingto happen anytime soon in Amsterdam

5. playtyme

playtyme Member

So true Bake21, The Dutch ppl are awesome, Even have friends. I go ever yr in June and I been keeping up w/ that bullshit law, but so far everything is good in AmDam. Dam I can't wait 4 June to get here lol

6. buckeye guy

buckeye guy Member

Asmodean - Love your image of Trinity on the litter. Brilliant!