Amsterdam Red Light District Map

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by George47, Dec 21, 2008.

1. George47

George47 Member

Over the past year I have been compiling an up to date comprehensive Amsterdam red light windows map. It shows all current 285 window locations for the prostitutes. The map is not very easy to read as it is below but if you click on it you get a super high resolution version that you can print out at A4. Feel free to use it as you wish.

[​IMG]

2. lmao

lmao Member

is this map up to date since the city turned lots of windows into clothing stores?

3. George47

George47 Member

Well it was on 13th December 2008. I checked every location for accuracy.

4. lmao

lmao Member

that's about as up to date as you can get!
    do a lot of the window areas look deserted now? or does it look stupid with clothing stores?

5. George47

George47 Member

They aren't clothing stores as such. They are just displays. They are made to look a bit like the original windows. So instead of a lady there's a dress or suit or whatever. The red light has gone but to be honest they don't really change the area much. You just have more gaps along the canals between the genuine windows.
    The area to the south of the Oudekerk is virtually unchanged The tiny streets are still densely packed with working ladies. In the last few years I think only 6 locations have gone from there. This is the area though they eventually want to close completely.

6. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

great map thanks for sharing. if I read it correctly though its only the "main red light district" as I don't see any of the windows down by grey area / amnesia / herengracht, nor do I see the tiny little RLD down in de Pijp on that graphic either. Still its most of the windows in the city and a great reference material.

Cheers,
    Koopa

7. lmao

lmao Member

not to mention the spuistraat and Tierekeesteg other side of the Nieuwezijd Voortburgwal,

8. George47

George47 Member

The site has now been completely updated showing every red light window in Amsterdam.