Amoxicillin and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by dark_druggie, Mar 13, 2008.

1. dark_druggie

dark_druggie Member

Has anyone smoked marijuana on amoxicillin? I know you're not supposed to drink more than a couple beers while on amoxicillin, but will weed limit the effectiveness of amoxicillin? I have been limiting my cigarette consumption, but still smoking occasionally.

2. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

isn't amoxicillin what you take if you're sick? (i know how it's pronounced, but not how it's spelled, so i don't know if we're talking about the same thing haha)
    i'm taking amoxicillin right now cause i'm sick, and i actually got to smoke today and it didn't do anything..

it's just an antibiotic, i'm sure it can't hurt to smoke weed with it.

3. rasta-moose

rasta-moose Member

no you'll be fine I took it alot and smoked it wont harm you whatsoever promise.

Amoxicillian in no way fucks you up. so you'll be okay

4. chic_geek

chic_geek Guest

it is actually a popular misconception that you cannot consume alcohol whilst on any type of medication (apart from imidazoles) you can drink alcohol, and smoke (cannabis included) whilst taking amoxycillin i did and i'm fine...although it may slow the recovery rate down there's no reason why not. :)

5. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

Marijuana does not really have many drug interactions but it's an antibiotic so none what so ever.

6. LSD_Coated_Brain

LSD_Coated_Brain Member

You definitely shouldn't drink while on an antibiotic. Alcohol puts allot of strain on your liver. When you drink theres ALLOT more alcohol in your blood, than there is THC in your blood after you smoke, or amoxicillin in your blood after you take a pill, therefore getting rid of alcohol is your livers first priority. When your liver is busy getting rid of the alcohol, the amoxicillin will be in your system longer than it should be, which can cause problems.

Pots a different story. Just about the only drugs weed interacts with are some psychiatric drugs. I actually have been taking an antifungal for a yeast infection... :puke: and I drank a single beer last friday and barfed it right up, but I've been smoking quite frequently.

7. stoned away

stoned away Member

yeah your not suppose to mix drugs together, why I try not to mix weed and alcohol together anymore even though I can handle it fine. Why would you take pills when you don't have to? thats being a pill popper, totally disrespecting the name of a stoner

8. J311Mann

J311Mann Member

hmm... i dont know.. I just got prescribed Amoxicillin and on my label it clearly states..

Consume 3ml by mouth twice a day for 10 days. Avoid use of alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, meth, lsd, mushrooms, mirrors, direct sunlight, and soft soil.

So IMO this is some pretty dangerous shit we are talking about..

Mixing it might not be the best idea..
    not sure what the side effects are tho.

9. Bocks

Bocks Senior Member

Shit, does this mean we can't do the gardening today either? Oh, nooo!

10. Kannabis King

Kannabis King Member

Lol theres nothing serious about it. Amoxicillin is a anti-biotic has no recreational value and marijuana wouldnt trigger anything when combined. I taken amoxicillin and smoked marijuana heavily and it was just as if the anti-biotic was doing what it was supposed to do as was the marijuana