America's new Security chief - a joke !!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nellie the Hephalump hhas done it again - appointed a knuckle dragging idiot to be America's head of Intelligence (a misnomer if ever there was one !!!)

A toxic internet troll and sycophantic Trump loyalist, Richard Grenell has exactly zero experience in intelligence matters. He's spent the bulk of his time as the current ambassador to Germany — a post for which he barely won Senate confirmation — publicly lecturing Europe's largest economy on how to run their country and spouting off praise for various right-wing nationalist movements across Europe. His single qualifying characteristic is apparently the nice things he says about the president on TV.

To make matters even worse, the position only became available after Trump fired his acting DNI Joseph Maguire over a briefing to the House Intelligence Committee detailing Russia's efforts to interfere in the 2020 election on Trump's behalf. In other words, he was fired for telling the truth about national security. It doesn't take much mental energy to surmise that Grenell is being brought in to conceal the truth about America's security.

Okiefreak, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like Trump...

MeAgain likes this.
  3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. Vladimir Illich

When this dick-head Richard Grenell manages to lead the us into yet another war because of his incompetence and you manage to get your sorry ass flamed, just remember - I TOLD YOU SO !!!

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  6. Vladimir Illich

In the case of Richard Grenell, his title is a contradiction in terms !!!

granite45 likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You have no clue about the guy or what the job involves

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I saw this on the news. The guy is a quack - no experience. Every other person appointed to that position had immeasurable experience! :)

scratcho likes this.
  9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Trump gets his daily briefing from Fox and Friends...

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It's only existed for 16 years, what happened before that, and why was the position introduced?

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think my point was about the fact that other people who had this job had wayyy more experience - like they were in the Navy for years or they headed up some department of something or other... for years!

So wait a second... I feel like I'm getting conflicting information because someone named Richard Grenell has been reported as of February 19th to be Director of National Intelligence (the New York Times says this
    ), and now also someone named John Ratcliffe is being reported to have the position as of today's news.

They both were prominent Trump supporters, but I don't know which one doesn't have experience.

Anyway, it just looks bad to me. He uses cronyism.

granite45 likes this.
  12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The main qualifications for a position in Trumpville is how far you're willing to stick your nose right up his ass. Competency with this crowd is oxymoronic.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Grenell was a temp, Ratcliffe permanent

If you really want to be objective about it, a little light reading; the first section and the history section; Director of National Intelligence - Wikipedia

Its a fancy title, but for the most part, its just a glorified secretary

Mustard Tiger and soulcompromise like this.
  14. So it's a secretarial gig. And he's expected to have a PhD?

Since he works for Trump, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't matter if he had a political science doctorate, dozens of successful charities and had adopted a hundred Somali kids and put them all through med school. The best strategy for democrats is to make fun of Trump's voter base. Call them all toothless rednecks with barely a high school education who keep a klan robe in their hall closet.

He's sure to be defeated if all of that is repeated until election day!

15. scratcho

If the rednecks are toofless, it's because they don't get paid enough to maintain those toofs. Most of the money's at the top. The rich gottem' some shiny toofs.

16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

[​IMG]S
    Harmless Security and Free Agency

17. Naaaaa, keeping your teeth clean doesn't take money or technology, just personal will. Aside from congenital issues, most people lose teeth because of neglect. Take meth/crack users. Supposedly either one of them literally dissolves people's teeth. In my case this didn't happen. For a couple of reasons. I hated the taste meth left in my mouth, so I brushed very often. Crack was only slightly better, so I brushed during that habit as well.

I don't care for commercial dental floss, particularly when it's waxed. So I use thin strips of bamboo, something I learned in Hawaii. Aside from a tooth that broke decades after being filled by a navy dentist and another that cracked after biting into a Mars Almond Bar (cursed be thy name), all of my teeth are my own.

18. scratcho

Never tried the drugs you referenced , but copious amounts of window pane passed my lips.I don't think they hurt my toofs. When were you in Hawaii? I was there from '67 'till 76. (oh-a million stories!)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020