American who desperately wants to go to the UK.

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by BornInTheWrongGenera, May 9, 2004.

1. BornInTheWrongGenera

BornInTheWrongGenera Member

The UK (alongside Austrailia and Japan) is one of my dream destinations. :) Unfortunately, I don't know a single soul in the UK or where would be the best place to visit. I've heard so many great things about Manchester, so I ask all you lovely folks, how is Manchester?

2. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

Manchester's cool, got a lotta good things happening, lots of stuff to do etc, its your 3rd main city!

3. BornInTheWrongGenera

That's what I've heard! Lots of cool stuff to see and do. :D I'm seriously thinking about going there and never coming back to this dull, drab place. I just wouldn't know the first thing to do as soon as I get there. lol

4. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

There are interesting things to see in all the big cities to be sure, but to be honest, if I were you, I'd go and soak up a bit of the English country side! Maybe go Youth Hostelling or camping. Personally I love the West Country, Sommerset, Devon and Cornwall are idyllic places for getting out in the country. There are some lovely sights up in the north too (did I really say something nice about the north?) just watch out for the barbarians who frequent that land and try to hit you with big sticks (no seemingly I didn't). Hey, even Suffolk has it's charm....

5. Peace-Phoenix

Well ok, it has me, but that's as close to charming as you;re going to get;)

6. BornInTheWrongGenera

LOL! I hear the English countryside is beautiful as well. See, I hear LOTS of great things!

I hear great things about the people too, and let me tell you, if they're half as charming as you Peace-Phoenix, then I'm sure I'm bound to have a blissfully wonderful time! :D ;)

'Blissfully wonderful'. There I go making up phrases again. :p

7. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

Ahhhhh so funny..:p CHarming my tooosh!!

I say come to Dorset, we have a nudie beach.. It rocks!!

:D

8. Ellie-Rose

Ellie-Rose Le Muppet

Who called me a monster ?:p Out with it.. its for my reputation thing to do with this thread:D

9. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

The North is the place to be! The South is occupied by people who talk like the queen and have sexual congress with sheep.

10. Peace-Phoenix

Ahahahahaha, I can see who called you a monster, but I ain't saying a thing! That's what you get for disputing my charm in a manner which blatantly lacks charm and sophistication itself....

11. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

Manchester is a cool city ... the people in the North of England are warm and friendly. There is also some great scenery surrounding the area.

I live in the south where people tend to be a bit more 'anonymous' and less welcoming, but that isn't unfriendliness it's just the manic pace of life.

I'm sure you will be welcomed wherever you go.

12. primevel_jm_livid

primevel_jm_livid Member

HEy YEah.. you gotta come to england.. but new mexico sounds like a koool place.. have you ever been to Roswell.. whats it like!?!?

[​IMG]

havent been to manchester.. can anyone suggest somewhere fun to just like chill out.. like parks or random shopping places...

LOndon is seriously funky. Go to places like the V and A ... and the british museum.. and natural history. Or just explore, LOndon is such a Rip off place for tourists but go do all the free stuff.. its way better.

so if mancs is the 3rd.. and london is the 1st. whats the second main city to visit?!

13. xZx

xZx Member

Oohooh manchester is fantabulous but go see the countryside! Go visit the lake district or go down south n see the pretty places in cornwall n devon. But yes avoid Stoke at all costs, it smells and has nothing good in it except oatcakes. lol

14. BornInTheWrongGenera

Aww, you guys are so beautiful!! Thanks for responding! I love hearing from the natives of the land. *hugs all the beautiful Europeans in this thread*

And...

Yes! I've been to Roswell numerous times, and it is truly and alien obsessed city! LOL All their buildings are alien-oriented. The fire hydrants are even shaped like spaceships! It's crazy!

I live in Albuquerque, which is 300 miles or so north of Roswell. So not too much alien props around my neck of the woods. Since this is the desert, we only have dirt and cacti. :p BUT, there are some REALLY pretty mountains in northern New Mexico. Great ski resorts up that way, too.

However, I think I belong in Europe. <3 Just because I hear the majority of Europeans are a lot more relaxed and free-spirited than Americans. Not to mention the beautiful scenery!! And you all are just all-around beautiful people! :D

I sound so unpatriotic, don't I? :( I love America, too.

15. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Manchester is shit. Apart from the football team but that is United not the other one.

Birmingham, avoid at all costs, lots of ringroads and giratory roundabouts.

Head to Newcastle. The Geordies are so cute and they have nice smiles on their face and are dead friendly. Their metro system is cute aswell.

Great Britain is made out to be a paradise, a heaven or a nirvana of everything great. Infact great has another meaning, Great can also mean big, huge, enormous. For example, Great big jellyfish.