American Psycho

Discussion in 'Cult Movies' started by FinShaggy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Some people say that in the movie American psycho, that the murders are all in his head. Some say that he really committed the murders, but there is so much mistaken identity in the business world, that no one cares/can tell.

I think what is really going on is that he thinks he is SO much better than everyone, the only way he can interpret it is murder. He isn't ACTUALLY killing anyone, he is just metaphorically "Killing them" with his superior intellect and status, and if he didn't imagine it as a murder, he would get the "full effect" and as messed up as he is, wouldn't appreciate his own success and "intellect".

While at the same time trying to cope with his idea that he is not human inside, which his mind proves wrong by showing him emotions such as fear, desperation and such, instead of just greed and disgust.

2. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

While I haven't seen the movie in the book he also eats handfuls of sand and microwaves and eats a jellyfish, so I'm not convinced how intellectually superior this guy is.

3. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

That is why I used quotation marks.

4. PlacidDingo

PlacidDingo Member

I dig! I like it.

5. bobsmoot

bobsmoot Member

The book seems to point more to there being *some* actual murders... The movie, less so. The book is one of the most twisted I have ever read. Gotta wonder about Brett Easton Ellis...

6. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

"Huey's too black sounding for me"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9PilYy-xGY"]American psycho - Huey Lewis & the news - YouTube