America: The Police State

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by lunarverse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

As much as I'm not a huge fan of violence, sometimes rage and anger just gets shit done. Peace and love doesn't always cut it.

So.......North America, when is our 'Day of Rage' coming?

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Why do you think the US has already become a POLICE STATE? It's cause they've been getting ready in advance for this.

Unfortunately our gov't now has advanced technology designed specifically to suppress domestic protests. Everything from new weapons to disable and disburse crowds to drones which can monitor and attack from above. Total surveillance of communications systems and the ability to shut them down. Infiltrators in every movement ready to target leaders and report back to their controls details of every plan to protest.

You would see a crackdown worse than what happened in Iran recently.

As you can see the ONLY way these protests can succeed is when the streets are SO FULL of protesters that the police are completely overwhelmed by their numbers and their own lives are in jeopardy if they try to attack the demonstrators.

And here in America you have everyone ARMED, locked and loaded ready to try out their semi-automatics on live targets. So if you had thousands of liberal protesters taking to the streets, they could easily be met by hundreds of armed conservatives ready for target practice in the mistaken belief they are somehow more patriotic than the protesters.

3. ChronicTom

ChronicTom Banned

That there... Sad part about it is that 4/5 of both likely agree on 95% of the actual issues we face...

4. lunarverse

True. At the G20 in Toronto a lot of the protestors who were breaking shit and inciting violence were undercover cops who marched along with peaceful protestors. Once people (undercover cops) were breaking things and acting violent the police had a "valid" excuse to crack people over the head and cut their faces open with sheilds, use weapons, etc. No doubt if something big broke out in North America undercover cops would go way out of their way to make sure it turned violent so that the authorities would have an excuse to start cracking skulls.

5. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I think it's pretty asinine to call the US or any western nation a police state in a thread that is about people dying in the streets right this moment for the very right to be able to protest, or even to freely come onto a forum like this and complain.

6. skip

You mean like this?

[​IMG]
    Kent State, Ohio, 1970

NEVER FORGET WHAT THIS GOVERNMENT IS CAPABLE OF DOING!

And now they can kill us so much more efficiently, from the air, with little risk on their part.

WELCOME TO THE GORGON STATE! The Gorgons are WATCHING YOU!

7. TheMadcapSyd

Yes, something from 41 years ago...............

that lead to massive protests and a near shutdown of the entire university system in the country.

Try doing that in say Syria. Calling the US a police state is insulting to people who actually live in police states.

8. skip

Things have NOT CHANGED. Are you people really that naive, or just plain stupid?

COINTELPRO has been reactivated. The 1970s are BACK or are ppl just so fucking IGNORANT these days?

And our gov't is attacking just about every Whistleblower under Obama, worse than ever before.

Live in ignorance. It will be your undoing.

Homeland Security = S.S. In fact, Homeland Security has far more power than the S.S. ever had.

Here's something more recent:
    [​IMG]
    Seattle 1999

Any place where you have GUNS pointed at you, just because you're involved in a peaceful protest, is a POLICE STATE.

Democracies allow peaceful protest without the threat of violent physical harm.

I really wish some ppl that had actually lived thru the NAZI era and can remember the same tactics being used then as now.

Why the fuck aren't there more protests in America these days, esp. with all the crap going on?

Cause people are LIVING IN FEAR OF THE AMERICAN POLICE STATE. That's why.

9. skip

Oh, just wait America...

Wait until the protesters aren't Peaceful anymore...

What will happen then, when peaceful protests are history?

They now come to protests ARMED and ready to resist.

Are you ready for that America?

It's coming to the streets near you...

[​IMG]

The days of such peaceful protests are OVER!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Yemen, Libya, Algeria...

Then: Greece, Italy, perhaps the UK? Everywhere there are corrupt governments putting personal and private interests over the needs of the people, there will be revolutions. It's inevitable as people gain knowledge and proof about the corruption. It is the only solution when gov'ts have abused their power. It's a systemic problem that doesn't get fixed with yet another election. That's why revolutions become necessary because the whole system is corrupt and corrupting of those in it.

What happens after the revolutions? Anyone's guess. But it sure as hell won't be biz as usual!

Another American revolution will be different from these others because of how everyone has armed themselves to the gills. One can only pray for a quickie that doesn't cause too much loss of life. But I can see Americans seething, wanting to settle scores and racists wanting to exterminate those who are different. Sorta like Germany circa 1932 or so. Just wait till you need a wheelbarrow full of dollars to fill up your tank with Saudi Oil...

As they say "The more things change, the more they stay the same..."

10. TheMadcapSyd

Apparently you missed the national message of stop using nazi metaphors already. Calling homeland security the SS is a fucking insult to every single survivor of nazi Germany that is still alive.

Anyways what's the story on that pic, I've been to plenty of protests, most people here have been to protests, and they did not have guns pointed at them, they did not have the army deployed, the crowds were not dispersed with tear gas or real bullets. We're on a forum that's probably blocked in dozens of countries, any political group from communists to skinheads can get a permit to hold a rally, and the US even by other western nations has the strictest useage of the term free speech in the fact our libel laws are non existent compared to some countries and we allow any kind of putrid hate speech one could think of to be broadcast, and access to media all of viewpoints from all around the world.

So yes, continue with the nazi metaphors.

11. skip

Yes, and the Nazi's allowed their media to broadcast all sorts of LIES about whole groups of people, just like what is being broadcast by FOX news about Liberals and Obama, and others who are being targeted by the Elite...

Free Speech is an excuse to promote HATE, Divisiveness, FEAR, etc. by our media who've abused the privilege.

As far as I'm concerned, the real target of the public anger should not be the government, but those who abuse it, rich and powerful individuals, Corporations, Special Interest groups, the MSM, the Military/Industrial complex, etc. In other words, PRIVATE ENTERPRISE that has taken over our democracy and turned into a FASCIST STATE.

Our democracy is undermined in so many ways, by so many people, it's become the accepted norm. As long as there are huge profits to be made, democracy is just facade. And it's precisely because people like you, Syd, refuse to admit it, it is allowed to continue unabated.

Admit US democracy is a joke, when a Supreme Court gets to decide who the next president is, not the majority of the voters. That kinda shit used to only happen in third world countries.

Syd, you have a lot to learn yet.

12. skip

You probably don't realize that these forums were once (and probably still are) on a US Gov't hit list. Do you?

We were targeted as a site that was promoting drug SALES by an agency of the gov't.

We appeared in a national TV segment, that attempted to slander the forums with a clip of our homepage and a voiceover discussing illegal online drug sales.

Turns out the source of the material was NIDA. After I called out the station, the producer, the distributor and the agency head out on it, we got an apology letter from their anti-drug crusading leader saying he had "no problem" with the Hip Forums. Oh and the producer re-edited the segment to remove references to the Hip Forums. Of course that was after a huge uptick in traffic thanks to them... :)

Remember that, kiddies...

And remember this too, Syd, this website is NOT based in the USA. Otherwise it probably wouldn't still be here. You see that's because there is still Real Free Speech in other places.

13. skip

I really should split this thread as I'm way off topic now...

No, Americans are NOTHING like Nazis...

[​IMG]

This is now the NORM in America. Blame it on whomever you want. Scapegoats are easy for Nazis to find.

14. skip

How Apropos! Obama now wants us to stop comparing anyone to Nazis... Hummm...

Maybe they should pass a law, outlawing calling anyone a Nazi.

That wouldn't be Nazi like, would it?

But it would certainly help a regime that is acting Nazi-like to appear less like it IS Nazi-like... especially if it were illegal to point it out.

You do realize of course that the right-wing calling Liberals Nazis, is a transparent attempt to draw attention from their own Nazi-like activities that are currently unbounded by anything...

15. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Skip I think you're a brilliant man but you do have a tendency to jump to conclusions. Please, we are NOT living under Naziism, and if it's a police state it's an extremely mild one.

Yes, worldwide instability could lead to curtailing our civil rights further, and Americans, as well as the rest of the world, need to stand up for their rights. But you do a disservice to the millions of people who lived and died under Nazi Germany. Could it happen here? Yes, under certain extreme circumstances it could happen anywhere, and while we have already lost a certain amount of our freedoms we still have a long way to go before we're in a genuine police state.

I'm reminded of an argument I had online years ago with someone who compared the death penalty in America with the holocaust or the killing field of Cambodia. I don't advocate the death penalty and I'm well aware that sometimes we've executed innocent people, but the comparison was an insult to those who suffered and died in the holocaust or killing fields.

Hey, I'm very concerned about the current situation and where it might lead us, but when I realize we're actually in a police state I'll be the first to give you credit, unless they've taken away my computer. But I believe we will weather this.

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Cool...

I personally think too much emotion is put into this sort of shit.... If more people would be sane, and if that many REALLY don't like the status quo, then why can't we just wait an election cycle, pick, put forward, and elect a good candidate for everything, and have no more problems? If rioting is the best way of fixing shit you have, in almost all cases, you'll just build another state addicted to and founded on violence.

17. lunarverse

Well fuck, why didn't anyone think of that yet? We'll just wait until this term is up and then elect someone who will fix all of our problems...

You mean like gun toting yankees? How was the USA founded anyways?...

18. TheMadcapSyd

By getting drunk and kicking ass.

But yeah, notice the people rioting are rioting in places where elections don't make a difference, where the same guy has been in power for near 30 years and normally doesn't even allow protests to begin with. A protest of more than a few hundred people has almost never been tolerated in Egypt.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

Allah Akbar...

20. TheMadcapSyd

America's version of the truth is the only version.