America the monarchy?

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by ywarpeace, Dec 17, 2012.

1. odonII

odonII O

2. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Well, excuse the fuck out of me.

3. odonII

odonII O

I didn't agree with all three...

Then I read this...

The hostage-taking-for-profit of the environment and the planet by corporate plutocrats is analogous to corporate CEO economic blackmail, the extortion of maximum monetary gain from a "Grand Bargain" fabricated in the name of deficit reduction that fails to address the underlying economic recession and jobs deficit.

By conceding a false deficit narrative that perpetuates upward redistribution of wealth and neglects job creation and the redress of ecological destruction, too many in Washington are complicit with plutocrats' economic and climate extortion. Republicans' complete fealty to monied plutocracy is met by Democratic leadership's willingness to bargain away benefits of Medicare and Social Security in order to pay for continued tax breaks for the elites. Instead of making the programs stronger by making them better, the president seems determined to capitulate to Republicans like Sen. Lindsey Graham, whose most recent drama centers on the professed intent to "save Medicare and Social Security from insolvency" by cutting benefits, in order to prevent the U.S. from "becoming like Greece."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michele-swenson/money-in-politics_b_2366063.html

...and I had the same thought as you:

Well, excuse the fuck out of me.

(I wasn't trying to be rude or anything)

4. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I wasn't either, man! Interesting article!

5. odonII

odonII O

Fair enough. It is. I particularly like: 'false deficit narrative' o_O

6. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

It's talking about those in Washington. Hardly reflects my views at all. I support less taxes for everyone, not just the rich.

7. alexx12lucyy

alexx12lucyy Guest

Hi
    Welcome to this forum site . This is best site .
    I suggest to you that you shouls be contact with your friends or check internet . I dont know about this question .

Top Ten Classified Website

8. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

SPAM!!! Kill Him Balbus!!!!

9. BarbaraARoudebush

BarbaraARoudebush Member

i doubt this would ever happen in america! even England is no longer monarch. Monarchy is thing of the past :D

10. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

When I hear the supporters of Our President speak of using an Executive order to do an end run around Congress in areas of Debt ceiling or Firearms control, yes I think of Monarchy.

11. storkfmny

storkfmny Member

Bankers run the world and all of the countries that have incorporated a central bank is told exactly what to do. Until we get rid of the bankers we will have whatever government they say. End the fed, charge them with fraud and fine them whatever the amount of the debt is. We will be in perpetual war while these pricks run the show.

12. browning

browning Member

America was created so any man could become anything the richist man ever, a rich guy decide to be a street bum, a regular guy become president,. Whatever you feel your calling is. But now the government/corperations are trying to push use farther and farther into a poverty class to do thier dirty work while the rich become kings basically. Which is why the American colonies broke away from england in the first place. So what are most of our nation becoming a nation of ignorant hypocrites. Most people sadly believe anything they hear the government tell them on t.v. and its a disturbing thing to witness this great country degrading right before our eyes. :(

13. Hii12348

Hii12348 Guest

14. Bouga

Bouga Member

If you don't want anyone else's opinion why post yours? I don't believe there with be a monarchy as there are so many rich families that could do harm, you can't suspect only one? To the richest in the nations people in middle class are peasant, but the term does not mean slave. The rich have been running this country for a very long time, nothing new about this at all.

15. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

finally back on but i've been hearing about a possible partial government shutdown on tuesday at 12:01 i haven't been able to hear what agencies would be shutdown. if someone could let me no that would be cool

16. Sig

Sig Senior Member

https://www.google.com/

17. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Funny, you never hear about successful folks blaming "corporate" America for their woes. I don't. Corps make their $ , I make mine. Corps don't annoy me with taxation and regulations ; gubmints do.

Debtors prisons ; LOL. Good idea ; but really? Quite the contrary ; go file chapter 11 ; get a bailout ; Slacker's rule!!!! oby is your boy!!!!!!

With 47% of the population receiving a gubmint check ; I'm sure someone will be calling me "troll" just for requesting fiscal solvency. Carry on comrades.

18. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

wrong thread-

19. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

@Nr. 38
    Are you trying to stroke Mr. Sun here or just shilling against people that can play the game and win? Remember liberalism=class envy. Everyone should have the opportunity to up their income. My advice to you sir, up yours.

20. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

The premise rests on the idea that everyone starts on equal footing too; but those who are born rich, become much richer, and those who are born poor, usually stay poor, working for the crap jobs the rich provide (thats how a lot of them get rich).

Sometimes those bootstraps are just impossible heavy to pull up :)