america is now a dictatorship...( ?)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by stoner oxy80, Jun 16, 2013.

1. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Paul has a lot of supporters from all sides. But when he dropped out of the race they all went back to their respective corners when they should have casted their vote for Johnson. It's like they're all about the message when Paul is saying it, but they don't trust anyone else but him.

A lot of people don't realize that if someone like Johnson would get 5% of the popular vote, then their party gets federal funds and a seat at the presidential debates the next time around. They just think, "oh what's the point? He's not gonna win so why vote for him?" He doesn't have to win....we just need to get the ball rolling. 5% of the vote would do a whole lot to even the playing field.

2. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I agree totally bro. I went in and voted for Johnson just to not give my vote to the status quo. I'd rather vote on what I believe in, even if it doesn't make a difference. But I think the US government is totally corrupted, and something is going to have to give soon. People don't do well with tyrannical governments. (I believe,) That's why we're seeing an increase in mental illness, and resulting violence. I think it would do citizens a world of good to actually be ruled by the American rule of law,(The Constitution) and not the rule of a world oligarch.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I give the man credit for what he has accomplished and disagree with him when I see things he does that I don't like.

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

But it CAN make a difference. That's my point. If just 5% of the popular vote went to a "3rd party" it would accomplish a lot when it comes to providing an alternative for future elections. There are ways we can put a stop to America becoming a dictatorship but the vast majority of Americans won't get off their lazy asses and do anything about it.

The next presidential election I would like for everyone to keep in mind that a candidate doesn't have to win in order to make a difference. 5%! 5 motha fuckin percent.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ive actually come the realization that youre all just talking in circles.. If youre not going to storm the white house with your torches and pitchforks. Whats the point of giving a shit.. ?

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I've said it before to create real change a lot (not gonna say everyone but a lot) of people would have to act and act on the same thing at the same time. Just...not seeing that happening. Anytime real soon. People would have to agree AND not be lazy at once.

7. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Well hey, remember what would happen to us if we "said" we were gonna do that. Drone fire would rain on America!