america is now a dictatorship...( ?)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by stoner oxy80, Jun 16, 2013.

1. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

I think the American people need to wake up start standing up for their rights. America is no longer a republic, it's a dictatorship. The constitution is trampled on a daily basis. I can't tell if people don't realize what's going on, or they just don't care. it isnt like we the normal people could do much anyway. they would,nt even let me vote.(born n raised here/ white/regst. not illegal immagrant lol)

we were ,the land of the free, at one time i guess? now it,s the land of a million laws. come on now..oral sex is illegal in some states. better not text the old lady ya want a blowjob when ya get home from work.:biker:

now the NSA is constanly watching us too. better download tor/browser.
    has firefox/portable for your phones too.

if the vets from world war2 would be here i bet they would be saddend.
    more laws are being passed everyday without most of us knowing it.
    it seems as though obama,s turning us into the 3rd reight.

...........discuss your thoughts....and bitchin/ranting......play nice..........

2. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I am unsure if it is as bad as some people think, but I do know one thing. The Jews must have thought things were not going to become as bad as they did, or else they all would have fled from where they lived. The fact that so many of them were caught just goes to show that people overall are not smart enough to get out in time.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

why were you denied voting rights? can you describe?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No way, America is totally a free country.

I mean, I can still go to work for eight hours, grab a Dunkin Donuts 'Coolata' on the way home, then go and sit on the couch and watch my favorite reality show until I fall asleep with a belly full of Taco Bell. On my days off, I can go to the mall and buy things with the money I earned at my job which the government hasn't taxed from me. Plus, we get to vote, and there is no way we would get to choose between two corporate puppets if this was a dictatorship.

I think it's a free country. I say I am free, therefore I am.

God bless America.

5. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

That is always the first thing they say, right? Nope, can't happen here.

6. Pressed_Rat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdrAHn_LGo"]Frank Zappa - It Can't Happen Here - YouTube

7. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that concel it

8. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I've been telling people for just over a year that America was becoming a dictatorship. Yet, still to this day, no body gives a shit, until they read on their own and see what type of corruption is taking place.

9. Don't worry too much, you were never the land of the free. Just the land of the people who couldn't make it elsewhere and ran away.

10. I agree with the OP and pretty much everything said - yet though things are worse now, America was never "free".

11. Pressed_Rat

I've been telling people for over ten years.

12. Well, some people are open to listening and some people just are not. And some people will remember things later on and start connecting the dots.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

but it isn't the occupant of the oval office that's the dictator. its the corporate chamber of comerce and its a.l.e.c. machine. the so called patriot act did enable the situation, but the harvard bussiness school, beginning in the 60s and 70s, behind the scenes, at the same time we were winning civil rights and later environmental victories, promoted and created the market for it.

it is economics uber alis that is the root of fascism. always is.

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

First, we would have to get rid of term limits for the office of the President.
    Has anyone heard anything about this? Mr. Obama will be gone when his term ends in 2016.

Second, he was elected by popular vote.
    In 2008 he received 52.9% of the popular vote and 365 electoral votes, McCain got 173.
    In 2012 he received 51% of the popular vote and 332 electoral votes, he only needed 270.

Third, in 2009 he attempted to close Guantanamo Bay detention camp, but Congress refused to co-operate.
    Executive order 13489 opened Presidential and Vice-Presidential records to the public.
    In 2010 he ended the combat mission in Iraq.
    He is cutting the military in Afghanistan in half by 2014.
    In 2011 he aided in the fall of Muammar Gaddafi, dictator of Libya for 42 years and ordered the attack on Osama bin Laden, leader of Al-Qaeda, which resulted in his death.

Fourth gun, sales are through the roof. Ruger's sells have increased 86% since Obama took office, and Smith & Wesson's almost 44% as of 2012. Manufacturers of dies used to stamp out guns can't keep up with the demand.

Fifth, you guys will never let it happen!

Doesn't sound like a dictatorship to me.

15. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

Haha

16. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Meagain you give Obama much more credit than he deserves! None of that stuff you mentioned was done for anything more than political points.

so we "ended" our unconstitutional occupation in Iraq. And what has he done since?

Killed American citizens without trial, drone striked numerous countries, violated human rights and killing many many civilians in multiple countries that we're not even at war with.

He spies on every conversation being had, made it illegal to protest around secret service and, he's taking bold steps toward overriding the Constitution entirely. It is a dictatorship; unfortunately "the majority" is sound asleep. So don't be confused thinking that since he won in our rigged voting process EVERYBODY loves the guy or something. Really, Obama wouldn't have won if Republicans could've got the Libertarian vote. But no Libertarian would vote for Romney... At least I wouldn't!

17. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Btw I'm totally not impressed, I feel sorry for you. This is an exhausting and thankless job. (Esp since 85% of Americans don't want to even "think," about politics (or nearly anything else for that matter.)

Then the ones who are concerned about politics wont even deal with alternate opinions. Obama supporters totally freak out if you knock on his policies.. but it's ironic to me that we have these assholes like Mc Cain and other republicans these people supposably hate, and they're telling us to love Obama too! It's all a big scam, and I think they're losing the trust of their own people (both sides)

18. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Me either. But apparently either a lot of Libertarians and Ron Paul supporters of any affiliation did vote for him, or they didn't vote at all. I wish more of them would have actually voted for the Libertarian party (Johnson).

19. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

That's what I did too. I was hoping people would vote for him, but unfortunately I think people went a little bit of everywhere (even to Obama ugh) but people have different reasons for liking Paul. I thought Liberals would love him because of his drug policy.

20. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

What are we all doing about it?

How active are you in change?