Ambien...

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Ocean Byrd, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Anyone ever accidentally or intentionally abused it? I accidently abused it once and noticed that I got a lot of paranoia and aural (hearing) hallucinations. Then I got the idea to take 2 (I believe they were 10 mg, I only weighed like 105 at the time) and not go to sleep. Well, lets just say it was 2 hours and then after some pizza before I zoned out. I don't even remember what all happened, but I do remember my parents asking me whether or not I'd done any drugs (of which I said no).

I gave my first stoner buddy (he got expelled later that year, go figure) 2 pills to try and he said he couldn't even walk straight; I dunno if he drank or smoked though. Anyway, anybody else have some experience with this drug? It's not all too great, but its a lot different than any high I've had before.

2. Velouria

Velouria Member

I have a prescription for it. When I first started taking it, I noticed that just 10 mg would make me hallucinate if I made myself stay awake. The gnome in my room would start to dance, and my guitars all started to bend and wiggle around. The thing about Ambien is, sometimes you don't realize that you're messed up while you're on it. Most of the time when I'm tripping out on other drugs I can just remind myself that I took something and that what I'm seeing isn't real. But with Ambien, I just get lost inside my own little world and forget I took anything. One night I called my with my cell phone while I was upstairs and she was downstairs. The next morning she said I kept mumbling about little people carrying my bed around.

3. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Well, according to my parents, I brushed my face o_O. I know what you mean though.

4. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

I have been taking ambien on and off for about 2 years now(more for fun then any other reason)....going from everynight to now mabye once a month. But for some reason it has the complete opposite effect on me. It makes me speedy, but if I lay down then it isnt long untill I am out cold for like 12 hours. And yeah, I always hallucinate on it. I dont have visuals anymore, but when I lay down to go to sleep it feels like my bed is moving. It is pretty freaky, because it literally feels like there is something moving my bed back and forth and sometimes it freaks me out. I am getting really sick of this shit though....

5. Velouria

Velouria Member

If you take it for fun and you're sick of it, why don't you just stop?

6. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

Because it is always there. So its like, after so long I forget how much I hate it and just pop a few for the hell of it. Then I wake up, and feel like shit and swear I wont do it anymore. Untill some time goes by and I forget how shitty I felt and remember that HEY I have a bunch of ambien just sittin' around. Yeah....kinda like that.

7. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Drug addict city!

You guys would shit if you saw the presciptions I throw away.

8. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

Where from my post did you get that I am a drug addict? And no I wouldnt "shit"....I dont care how many precriptions you trash. But thanks.

9. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

You do drugs you say you're tired of just because they're there.

Drug addict- by definition.

10. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

funny...I thought the definition of an addict is someone who cannot funtion without the drug therefore always taking it. I guess drug addict has a new definition that I wasnt aware of? Thanks for clearing that up....yeah.

11. madboy139

madboy139 Member

id probably shit if i saw what he threw away.

12. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Can you say D-E-N-I-A-L?

Just say no, hell. You CAN'T say no.

You started off telling us you were tired off it, but you kept doing it any way.

That would be "psychlogical addiction"- look it up.

13. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

oh please!
    yeah tired of it because I used to take them quite often.
    I was never addicted (never said that....)
    I could funtion quite well if I didnt have them...ummm...go look up addiction if you dont know what it is.
    If you are assuming I am some addict because I said that I used to take them often (didnt even say everyday...or everyweek)then go ahead. But to tell me that I am in D-E-N-I-A-L.....yeah....you really made a good observation there!
    As far as the scenario now...I take them once in a blue moon. "when I forget how shitty I felt" I believe that was the quote....and I dont think that is something a drug addict does, do you? Nice try though

14. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

btw.....taking a drug once in a while for pleasure....tired of the drug or not....is not any kind of addiction...psych or otherwise. GO LOOK IT UP

15. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

My!

"me thinks you protest too much"

16. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

??????????

17. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

Just replying to you is all.

18. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Just don't lose yourself, alright?

It sneaks up on you.

19. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

let me explain it to you then.
    see, i have this bottle of stuff called ambien that a doctor gives me every month. I dont take it alot so it stays up in my cabinet....hence the "always there" part.
    I take a couple for the fuck of it....then it makes me feel like shit the next day.
    so then what i do is say to myself "those make me feel like shit...not gonna take em anymore"
    but then after about, mabye, a month, i get bored one night (or just feel like getting a little buzzed) and I take a few without thinking of how bad it is gonna make me feel the next day.
    Do you get it now?

20. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

addiction? yeah, i know what thats like all to well unfortunatley, but not these days:)