Amanda Todd Suicide, Its Effects On Internet Culture

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by DrummingJoey, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Of course not, this thread was in new posts and caught my interest. I am not planning on disagreeing on all your posts beforehand :daisy:

2. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

I don't know where you got your news from, but I got mine from an actual cited source. Any rumor mill on the internet does not count as equally reliable as a reputable news corporation.

This is exactly the problem with internet rumors. People just assume that the first story that they hear is the truth. Maybe if you actually gave me a source (a real news article, not a 4chan thread or a Facebook comment) you might have some kind of argument. But to spread that kind of rumor about a child who committed suicide is unforgivably ignorant.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

you are a sad excuse ....words cant describe how despicable your post is

4. RichellieXO

RichellieXO Member

I was stating my opinion.

5. RichellieXO

RichellieXO Member

Just because ypu got ur information from a cited source does not mean it true she was known as a compulsive liar so to the facts she has stated on her video and such no one knows if there true. So how do u know your facts are straight. No one knows the actual truth.

6. RichellieXO

RichellieXO Member

Thanks.

7. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Who cares what the truth was? This isnt some tv soap for our entertainment, this is a child who was bullied to the point of suicide. Your post was not your 'opinion' it was damn rude and disrespectful, you easily could have worded what you wanted to say without calling her a whore.
    Anyway, so what if she was a 'whore', that is still no reason to die.

You want the truth? The truth is that a young girl made a few mistakes, she was then tormented day in day out no matter where she was for god knows how long, she was used amd abused, the people that bullied her did not care for her feelings, they also probably didn't realise that it could have happened to any one of them, it only takes one thing to happen. The truth is that a child, a vulnerable hurt child, was left feeling like the world would have been better off without her.

I wonder how many of the people mocking her actually stood back and imagined how she felt, can you? Can you imagine how that poor girl was feeling on the day she decided to take her own life and end her misery?
    No?
    Didn't think so...

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

After Looking At Her Profile I Noticed Only Four People Had

Checked It Out, So I Don't Know If Everybody Here Is Aware That RichellieXO

Is A Girl, Which In My Mind Makes It Even Harder To Follow Her Logic...:confused:

Cheers Glen.

9. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

You are clearly a troll, since you are admitting that you don't know what you are talking about but still insisting that you are right. Do you know what a cited source is? Her Youtube video is not a cited source, although no doubt it is more accurate than the slime that you are spewing everywhere. I'm talking about news articles, police reports, etc. Can you even tell me where you heard it?

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Justice.

Anyways, no, she was "cyber-bulled" by little shits, but I'm not going to blame them for her death.

She clearly needed some type of parental intervention, and it's clear that her parents cared for if they went to the trouble of moving, but they did it all wrong, and simply messed things up much worse.... It was NOT a big deal and no matter what nasty baseless things kids might say for a while, life could have gone on if they'd taught her coping mechanisms. As it was, they taught her to run from her problems, which is what she ultimately did.

11. RichellieXO

RichellieXO Member

And who are ypu to know if i can put myself in her shoes? Umm yeah ive tried killing myself i have been raoed used builled beat and plenty of thing so inless u know me dont say i dont know how she felt. And all im saying is u don't know the actual truth no one does

12. RichellieXO

RichellieXO Member

LIke i fucking said just because its a news article doesnt mean its the fucking truth

13. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

Can you tell me where you heard what you said or not?

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Thats the understatement of the year...
    however I would be slightly more likely to believe a newspaper that has to have just a little accountability rather than an anonymous person on a open forum with 25 posts.

15. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

I'm going to go ahead and say it. Please use spell check.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

17. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Nope, Haven't Got It Installed, And Never Will...:).

When It Comes To Spelling I Do All My Own Stunts, I Don't Need A

Safety Net, Just Me And My 5000 Page Dictionary Thank You...:).

Cheers Glen.

19. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

Please let RichellieXO borrow it her posts are giving me a headache...in more ways than one. :dizzy2:

20. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

If thats the case then I would have thought you'd be a bit more understanding and empathetic for this poor girl. You obviously aren't reading what I've written properly because the truth doesn't matter.