Am i the only one that...

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by S19M, Jun 20, 2006.

1. S19M

S19M Member

i think i can now communicate fully, like almost read minds by body language and im almost 100% positive that its because of drugs... am i the only one this happens to orr??:confused:

2. S19M

S19M Member

ESPECIALLY whith the people i've blazed with or done shrooms with etc.

3. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

You are just good at analyzing people by the way they act.

4. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

Yeah - been having a weird succession of large women alternately swinging their tits against my arm while I'm trying to talk to them recently.I think I understand the body language but they don't seem to understand mine - e.g not interested.Nothing to do with their size - just their conversation (!) - but mm your'e right - even animals crazy behaviour is easier to understand sometimes in certain states of mind - and often quite comical

5. S19M

S19M Member

i feel like since i've done shrooms so many times that during that time i've felt every emotion, so when i see someone and their reaction to a situation, i can identify with it and i know what they're thinking.

6. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hmm.. Have you confirmed your ability experimentaly? Have you had the experience of knowing a person's thoughts even though that person won't admit to having the thought?

By the way, Sherlock Holmes was reported to have a similar accuity in reading body language.

7. sitareric

sitareric Banned

I think you may be on to something.. but i wouldnt think to far into it, look farther..

Ive heard a person`s thoughts like theyre voice in my head

8. prismatism

prismatism loves you

read richard feynman's "surely you're joking, mr. feynman!"... he didn't do drugs but he was really tuned into things like that. he spent all day, more than a few times, watching ants and experimenting with their behavior. you'd be really into it, i think.

i have a friend who i have an extreme connection with. any word i say, she knows EXACTLY what meaning i am associating it with, no matter how random. we ride the same train of thought, and have our own language of words that don't "mean" what we use them for, but represent the thought we're expressing at it's very core :). the color brown, for instance... it's an entire reality, a state of mind, a way of life, an adjective, a place, a person, but i could never explain it as well as we just understand it.

i know of a few people who have the same connection. it's amazing. go out and study people's behavior, without falling into their reality, and you'll discover all sorts of things.

9. S19M

S19M Member

will do

10. CadenceKid

CadenceKid Member

all our brains are connected subconsiously, i think closer friends have a closer subconsious connection.

11. fritz

fritz Heathen

I can read body language pretty well..I'm also good at picking up on agendas/desires after talking w/folks.. Nothing psychic.

12. AHumblePatriot

AHumblePatriot Member

You have lost too many brain cells and are having drug-induced delusions.

13. baloon

baloon Member

you don't loose brain cells, you loose connections between cell bodies

I think I know what you mean, I used to have it with a handful of old friends and now with my long-time relationship. the thing is, I know those people for a while, enough to understand their reactions to what I say. the thing is, I might guess what a random person is thinking based on my previous experiences in similar conversations, but I can never be certain. so many people - so many tastes.. about one ice cream.

14. baloon

baloon Member

unless you have already ate that ice cream with them, how can you know if they will like it?

15. chameleon_789

chameleon_789 Member

I think drugs give you insight into your subconscious.. so

1) you will be more aware of the lower level processes that go on in your mind and the influence they have on your descisions, and
    2) you will be more aware of it in others, too, if you apply that knowledge in the right way.

but that's not to say that it is just drugs that give you that, anybody can gain that sort of insight if they know where to look.

There are other explainations though. You don't stop learning when you do drugs, but you generally stop communicating in a 'normal' way, and since one of our basic instincts is to understand the world and the people around us using whatever information is available, in that sort of situation we tend to look for more subtle clues as to how someone feels..

of course there is also the problem of "throwing your voice", as it were, without realising it.. you can read the reactions of someone as if they were your own (this is why when we don't understand someone we call them mad, or retarded, or say "she is only attention seeking", or something), but that doesn't mean that it is right.. we just have no feedback indicating whether we are right or wrong, apart from our own observations of ourselves, which we usually assume are the same as everyone elses...

16. hollowayjay

hollowayjay Member

I love traveling on trains just to watch all the people, you can work everything out from their reactions. Most of the body language shows you how they are reacting to their situation, like being on a train full of strangers with some stoned guy sitting across from them staring at them, and from their reactions you can work out what the person is like, their character etc. None of my friends see it though.

17. CoRriNieRiNniE

CoRriNieRiNniE Member

so have i. and the pot does help=)