Am I going to hell?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by ArmOutsideIn, Jun 25, 2006.

1. ArmOutsideIn

ArmOutsideIn Member

Today despite all my efforts I couldn't get out of going to church (the late mass at 5 in the afternoon). Since the rest of my family went this morning, I would be attending church alone. So, I brought along my bowl and my bud and as soon as I got to church I went to the bathroom to toke up. Now, my church is also a catholic school, so I went to the bathrooms in the school part where no one was to do it. Then I sat around reading a magazine and went to the last half of mass. It was actually pretty cool because all the music sounded better and I was just talking to God in my head and shit. Communion really ruled because I couldn't wait to eat the host, but my mouth was so dry and it just made it worse and I like couldn't move my jaw. And I kept missing all the designated moments to cross yourself and in my head I was thinking, "Damnit! I missed another one. Shit! Well, they'll do it again...won't they?"
    All in all, it was a pleasant church experience, but I'm wondering if it wasn't so bad that I might be able to negotiate purgatory?

2. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Yes, you're going to hell and you shall burn eternally.

3. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Member

If you feel like weed helped you pray and communicate with God on a deeper level, why would you go to hell for that. Not to mention that marijuana was created by God, and therefore good. Jesus never condemned intoxicating substances (In fact his first miracle was creating wine.), although he did condemn their abuse. But anyway, if you really buy into Christian doctrine, even if smoking in church was a sin, you still won't go to hell, because Jesus died to give you salvation. I'd say you're safe.

4. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

lol zing!

5. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

Weed has always made church tolerable for me when I lived in South Carolina under my mom's Southern Baptist rule, actually the last time I was down home, I toked in my closet before Sunday worship. Part of my parents house rules are, you eat and sleep there, you go to church unless you're very sick in which case they will all pray for you, someone might stay home to make sure you get the service over the radio, so toking up and going is about the best option. I'm much friendlier at church when I'm stoned.

The church drew me away from God, but it was drugs that showed me the light, but I'm just one person, everyone is different.

6. The_Javican

The_Javican Member

Well, don't take this offensively.. But if you are spending your life worshipping invisible men in the sky, hell is the least you have to worry about.

7. KParker730

KParker730 Member

God when i had to go stay with my mormon cousins, toking up was the only way i could get through the 3 hour services! i had to be really careful smoking there though, cause my aunt is an uber nazi.

8. tculi

tculi Senior Member

marijuana is not a sin

9. ArmOutsideIn

ArmOutsideIn Member

Well...thanks to everyone who replied...but I really didn't appreciate the comments attacking me/my beliefs. Not very nice, ya know?:(

10. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

hey im right there with you. ive been to church blazed a few times...not a bad expirience.

11. The_Javican

The_Javican Member

i just don't how you can believe in something that cause more wars or deaths than anything else in the world. i don't understand how you can just accept the catholic church after what they've done to their followers. i don't like the thought that people are literally scared into worshipping their god. i live as a person, not as the slave of someone i've never seen before, ya know? believe what you choose to believe, and i will continue what i do

12. ArmOutsideIn

ArmOutsideIn Member

i never said i was catholic, if you noticed, i stated i tried to get out of church. just because i'm not catholic doesn't mean i don't believe in god. what i don't believe in is organized worship because i think it's all bull shit. you can't see how i have faith, and i can't understand how you don't, but i'm not going to question where you stand and why you believe that. lack of religious tolerance leads to lots of conflict, and you're not being very tolerant of my beliefs.

13. The_Javican

The_Javican Member

peace bro, i'm not tryna start shit up. sorry if i pissed you off, those are just my two cents

14. ArmOutsideIn

ArmOutsideIn Member

haha, it's all right. sorry for getting so defensive!

15. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Nothing is wrong with believing in a god and nothing is wrong with not believing in one. However, there is something wrong with telling people that if they believe in a god, that hell is the least of there worries. No one knows what happens after death, no one knows if there is a god. No one really knows anything. The whole concept basically seems like on big joke on humans, I know.

16. The_Javican

The_Javican Member

yeah man, i was mostly talkin' from my own perspective, peeeaaaacce

17. NightWalk

NightWalk Member

As far as I know, the Bible doesn't condemn marijuana, and if it made the church experience more engaging then I don't see the problem with it. A couple of religions have even used marijuana as a part of their rituals.

And I think we should respect other people's beliefs, or lack thereof.

18. theshaman

theshaman Member

The closest I have found to marijuana in the Bible is talk about incense, and marijuana was often used as incense, so possibly they used it, too. And from what I have found and understand, drinking is fine as long as it's under control, within reason. Personally, I don't think God has a problem with marijuana, seeing all the good He made it capable of.
    Jesus Christ and God are not the cause of all the wars and death, the men who fought in Their name are the cause. God doesn't want us to fight, but since we are human and we sin, we screw up.
    Yes, many heads of the Catholic Church did some bad stuff. Real bad. Does that make me a bad person, for sharing some of the beliefs they do? No, it just means that they sinned. Whenever someone is high and does something really stupid, do you blame them or all weed in general, ever? Of course, you blame the person. With this same principle, I have to ask you not to blame me or my fellow Christians for what some priests did. And there is brainwashing no matter where you go, you just have to look for it. But not all religion is brainwashing.
    I myself don't go to church high, but I do get high and read the Bible, or pray a lot. Just remember who it's all about, you dig? Oh and Javican, I'm not trying to start shit either, just adding new perspective to the thread. No worries.

19. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

It seemed to me that holy men were anointed with a mixture of cannabis flower tops and various oils, so if jesus existed, he was probably anointed with the stuff.

20. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned