Am i going crazy

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Poem~Girl, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

k Well i have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful step kids. But i think i'm asking to much of my hubby. All i want is a lil more understanding and i've been in school and working part time . when he has the kids he watches tv like all day i try and tidy and all they do is lie around and it seems that i'm the one stuck doing everything . Not all the time though. i'm so stressed from school. I'm sure he understands in his own way But c'mon his arms aint broken. I may blow things out of proportion here and there but i just can't keep up. i feel i'm failing as a wife plz help!!

2. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I have absolutely no constructive comments in relation to this thread.

3. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Poem-Girl : Your not failing as a wife, but you get an A+ as a carpet.
    Looked at your personnel page and saw the pics of your step-daughters.
    Their young, but old enough for chores... Post a list of what they are to do, as their part of being a family. Same for your husband.
    Why in the hell should you come home after a long day to a sink full of dirty dishes and the house a mess. Then have to cook and play mom and loving wife.
    Fuck that shit. And this is coming from a man....
    Stand up for yourself and lay down the law...........

4. Kollontai

Kollontai Member

it is really a dilemna, i hope you will have a conservation with your husband about those issuse, so that improvement of conditions may be possible. and it is something related to responsibility and personal happiness, it is really difficult to choose, don't blame on yourself, you have done a great job

5. RainbowRythm

RainbowRythm Member

Have you tried bringing up the fact that you don't like to be the maid in the family? It sounds like that's what your doing - going around and cleaning up the house for them for free. I feel like you should stand up for yourself. Tell your family (starting with your husband) exactly how you feel. Don't yell but calmly explain that starting from now you won't be their maid anymore. They probably won't go for it, but in order to be heard you need to speak.

I hope this helps in any way.
    Good luck and best wishes

6. sea of grass

sea of grass Member

Yeah, I don't think you're asking too much. I think the chores should be divided up in a family - the easier, lighter chores to the kids, the heavier stuff to the parents. If everyone did their share it would be easier on all of you. Try to spin it like this: They'll have a happier, healthier, less stressed, less tired wife and mom if they pick up the slack. If they're super addicted to TV, tell them that during commercials is a good time to spend a couple minutes cleaning and picking up. I personally hate TV sometimes because everyone uses it as an excuse not to do stuff...hehe

7. jumbuli55

jumbuli55 Member

As a woman and wife you must do all the house chores.
    Why on earth should men do womanly chores? :confused:
    This is what degrades men and makes feminine half-women out of them and then the same women/wives complain of not being able to find a "real man" to be with. Duh! :rolleyes:

Remember simple Biblical rule ( I am not religious, but love some parts of it) : Husband = supreme boss and master of the family.
    Wife = property and servant of a manly man , aka Husband !

8. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that women should do all the chores. Stop trolling. You're trying way too hard and it's making me feel a little embarrassed for you.

To the OP: talk to him. Explain your situation. I'm sure he'll understand.

9. jumbuli55

jumbuli55 Member

Nowhere did I say that Bible says women should do all chores.
    I said wives should do womanly chores (like house chores, taking care of husband, nursing kids, babysitting and etc.)
    There are some manly chores reserved for men exclusively.
    The two should never get confused and attempt to mix each others' responsibilities!
    Especially the lazy women who don't want to do what is their duty by virtue of birth.