Am i being bitchy about this?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Flannelwearin'gal, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Flannelwearin'gal

Flannelwearin'gal .robert.johnson.fan.

Ok, so as most of you know, a while back I lost my friends Austin to suicide.
    Like last week, this other kid at our school, Kaleb, died of an OD on like zantex [which you have to take a shit load to OD on].

The school is doing a shit load of stuff for him. they are giving him a memoriable something or other, collecting money for his family, serving his favorite food for like the week. Shit like that.

When Austin died, they didn't do shit. I mean nothing. He died on a sunday and on tuesday the school was basically telling us to go back to class and get over it. He still doesn't have a fucking tree [when a student at our school dies, they put up a tree with a sign and shit].

kaleb was found with 15-20 [Some of the people are saying 30, others say as low as 15, i figured this was acturate enough] zanex in his system. Nothing but zanex.
    Austin was found completely clean of everything. no drugs, no alcohol, no nothing.

So, the kid who OD's, the chicken shit suicide, get's a fuck load of shit for him.
    Austin, the kid who hang's himself from the rafters of his fucking room in his fucking basement, feeling actual fucking pain for his actions, get's shit. Get's nothing.

I think that's fucking bullshit.

Do you think I'm being bitchy about this?

2. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

dunno, but i dont think your friend would have wanted a lot of hype after his demise.

3. Flannelwearin'gal

obviously
    But I'm saying it's bullshit that they are letting the friends of kaleb do this shit when we asked the school if we could make shirts, if we could collect money for Austin and they simply said no

But aparently Kaleb was good enough for our school to let people do shit

4. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Well then ya you have the right to be angry, and should deffinatly reem the school officials out.

5. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

This Kaleb guy is dead now. Its not his fault Austin killed himself. Just leave it. Theres no point in bitching over it.
    They are both dead, which sucks. I am sorry...

6. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Kaleb must have friends in high places

7. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

Why did they kill themselves?

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Maybe the administration has something against Metallica fans.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

they plant new trees for the ones who die?

10. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

this same exact thing happened at my school.

one of my friends was riding his bike one day after school and a car hit him, so he died a pretty gruesome fucked up death. well another guy was with him so he admitted they had been smokin weed, so the school chalked it up to it being completely his fault for being high.

like 2 days later some preppy kid crashed his car and died.

my friend got absolutly nothing. other kid there was like school wide mourning for two months, and about 75% of the yearbook that year was dedicated to him.

honestly though, it really doesn't matter. I know exactly how you feel, but fuck it. they are both dead. think about it this way.
    if you died, would you want your friends worrying about whether you got a tree, or would you want them reflecting about who you were and want you meant to them.

honor your friend, but dont pitch a fit about what other people do for their dead friends.

11. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I think your friend Austin deserved a tree.

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You'd think that the whole tree idea would only encourage kids to kill themselves.

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I dont see whats the big deal. Unfortunately, they are both dead. Its not important who gets the tree and who doesnt.

14. Hilder

Hilder The Ganja Queen

Isnt it fucked up how even after someones death, their popularity at shcool still reflects how they are remembered? Its incredibly sad. This one kid in my HS JUMPED in front of a car that was gonna hit a wheelchair bound kid, shoved him outta the way and was hit himself in front of the freaking school!!!! and they didnt even have counselors or memorials. One of the seniors died in a drunk driving accident and they brought the entire school into the auditorium to show a film. Pathetic. im sorry about your friend, but leave it alone, im sure he wouldnt want a fuss made over him.

15. Flannelwearin'gal

no idea why kaleb did it

A few of our buddies concluded that Austin did it over Hannah.

hannah and him were like in love but the broke up and went back out and did that about a dozen times over 4 ish years and the last time they went out was the longest they ever dated, i think it was like 3 or 4 months.
    He was broken up about it and started popping pills for a while the just smoked a little more weed than he usually did.

then the week before he died he was the happiest i seen him a long ass time and then that sunday morning at like 1 or 2, he hung himself.

I don't think he did it over hannah because he swore to our buddy dana that he would never kill himself over someone. and dana did the same.

I think that he was horny
    as crazy as it sounds, yeah. He was a major fucking masacist and turned just about everyone around him into one too. i think he was horny and wanted some pain. He used to mess around with nooses all the time, scared me half to death, but i got used to him messing with them. that and knives.
    he like got me to love pain and knives too, lol.

But yeah, that's my conclusion

16. Beckner420

Beckner420 troll

Did he ever do that hanging/masterbation thing.

I hear thats one of the most popular causes of teen deaths these days.

17. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I know EXACTLY how you feel, flannel. I almost cried reading this thread. When I was in high school, this 15 year old cheerleader was driving to school one day, without a license, and was struck by a drunk driver and killed. The whole school went NUTS, people who didn't even know her were leaving early to "mourn", it was a load of crap. Soooo dumb. I was shaken pretty hard, even though I didn't even like the girl much, because it was the first death I'd ever had to deal with. The discovery of mortality is a pretty hard blow to a carefree 15 year old. Anyway, we had a garden or something "in memory" of her, and the funeral was held in the auditorium because the turn out was far too large to hold in a church around here. We also had an empty chair for her at graduation. It was all stuff my class did with help from sponsors, it wasn't anything anybody else initiated, by the way.

Anyway, it was a nice way to remember her and all, but I went through an insanely bitter period where I realized and knew that she got all that stuff dedicated to her because of her popularity. Had it been one of us theatre kids, I KNOW the response wouldn't have been as great. It's highly doubtful they would have announced it over the PA system or let school out for a half day like they did for her.

My friend's(known as the king of the "goths" those years) girlfriend died a couple years previously to that and nothing was really done afterwards. Chase was in grief counseling for years himself, but everyone else just shrugged it off. It's really sad how popularity affects the way people are treated in life and in death.

Anyway, it's a really sad rush of reality you're experiencing right now. No, it's NOT fair, and it's NOT right. You and your friends go on and remember Austin. Put memorials on your locker, make your own memorial and tape it up somewhere public. If you want the same for your friend, you'll just have to do it yourself.

18. Makaveli_Reborn

Makaveli_Reborn No?

I'm no expert, but I think it takes a lot more than 20 bars for the average person to OD on xanax.

Again I'm no expert, and I know others who are more knowledgeable about this will either confirm, or flame me. Whatever. I still think I'm right about this.

19. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

I don't think you are being bitchy, I think its absurd that your friend didn't get a proper memorial. Were you and your friend part of the "outcast" group? School Officials can hold disgusting prejudices sometimes.

20. azucena

azucena vagina farts

i would definitely consider the idea more if i knew i was gonna get a tree.