am i addicted

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by scarryman199, Mar 14, 2008.

1. scarryman199

scarryman199 Member

ok i know you can not be chemically addicted to marijuana but would you consider someone who smokes a bowl pack every night and an occasional session in the middle of the day a person with a problem with weed because i don't think i have a problem but i don't know if I'm just saying that to rationalize my "habit"

2. InfernoMunky

InfernoMunky Member

nah... thats what i do too.... ive started limiting it tho, so i can enjoy it more by smoking a huge bowl or two like every 2 days.... its not like your smoking 10 blunts of mids a day...

3. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

nah dude i wouldnt say its a problem, i mean why do you smoke? just to relax and add a little more of tint to your day?

4. scarryman199

scarryman199 Member

yea pretty much it helps me sleep and i just like to smoke so i do it lol

5. Freedom_Man

yah dude, its not like your waking up and doin lines and shit or shooting up hard drugs, your just smoking a plant that helps you sleep and remain chill and have a little fun. you can still function and shit on weed it just makes the day go by easier i think.

6. AbloodmoneyA

AbloodmoneyA Member

Start drinking coffee or doing heroin tomorrow and continue to do so for two months. Then quit cold turkey. When you're pulling out your hair, having trouble falling asleep, or vomiting then you'll see what addiction is.

7. newradicalface

newradicalface Banned

Sounds like you are rationalizing to me :)

8. aesther

aesther Member

Addiction is Individual for every human.

If you really want to know if you're addicted, see if you can stop for 2 weeks.
    Easy way to find out.
    Everytime You feel an addiction is a possibility, and you don't want to feel an addiction, than cut the habit for a week, 2 weeks every now and then.
    Easy way to break a habit =]
    Then after you break it, you have an option to go back to it or not.

9. skate4element81

skate4element81 Member

yeah man u aint addicted...i used to smoke 6 or 7 times a day no lie. i was mentally addicted. i had to break it. what a bitch to do too. anyways now i make sure i smoke at least once a day just to stay happy.

10. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

Weed isn't addicting. It just so happens that many people (including myself) suffer from chronic boredom.

11. Freedom_Man

honestly you guys are crazy, i wouldn't even worry about being addictied to weed, matter o fact if i had the money to be high all the time i honestly would be. id love it.

12. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

irregardless of how much you smoke, you should quit periodically to give your lungs a chance to feel better (smoke isn't good for your lungs no matter what kind of smoke) and to reduce your tolerance.

if i quit, i miss it for 2 months, then remember it fondly, but at about 5-6 months my anxiety/ panic attacks kick in, and I have nightmares from about 4 months on.
    I know someone who is dependent on it, but only because otherwise he is an asshole.
    Quit for a bit, and see how you feel. if you are mentally stuck on it, then you'll know to beware of becoming a burned out lump on the couch.

but you are probably fine. just remind your body how to sleep without it every once in a while.

13. AbloodmoneyA

AbloodmoneyA Member

Only proper for someone trivializing addiction.

14. wutthe4k

wutthe4k Mr. Mojo Risin'

try to stop and see if you get urges. if you do, well, then that's self explanatory.

15. Sir-.-'nOOBalloT

Sir-.-'nOOBalloT Member

best way to smoke weed well in my eyes haha after every bag which last about 2 weeks i stop for a week.its esy to stop becouse u foll in to rooteen plus it keeps the experians of weed fresh for the rest of my life loves it[​IMG]

16. maddhatter

maddhatter Senior Member

write something down like a promise to yourself that you will only smoke x amount of weed on whatever days.

17. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Like days that end in a "y" :D

18. dgdys90

dgdys90 Member

I like where you are going with this. Tell me more!

19. The Kid

The Kid Member

There is no proof I have ever seen to support the idea that Marijuana is physically addictive. In the last 10 years or so the National Drug Agency retorted this by saying it was psychologically addictive, which could also apply to ice cream, watching sports, or basically anything else in life that one enjoys.
    What it all boils down to is that smoking dope is the shit, no more complicated than that. I am sure that most of us here would smoke multiple times a day if our situations permitted us to do so, this would be true in my case. I have smoked pot every day for the last 5 years, and I have only not smoked pot maybe a total of 10 days over the last 10 years. In that time nothing bad has happened, life is going along fine, I have stable employment and make good money. More than anything, I am happy in my life. Weed like all things is right for some and not for others. A lot of folks smoke out when they are younger and then somewhere in their mid 20s they start a family, settle down and leave it in their past. Others, a group I would call "True Smokers" see smoking weed as something that is a little deeper than just partying and continue to do so for their whole life. To each their own.
    In summary I don't think you have to worry about addiction to weed. Run on sentences however seem to be a problem for you.

20. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

I think a person can be chemically addicted to weed, but I call chemical adaptation. My body has chemically adapted to weed, so if I stop it, by body goes through wd's, but it would adapt back to a non-weed chemical makeup. But this may not be the case for everyone else. Everyone's innate makeup is different, so their makeup with weed involved will vary.

You can call it addiction. but not all addictions are bad. a weed habit or addiction is pretty benign.

I don't think it's necessary to quit weed for a while to give your lungs a break (well, unless you smoke very large amounts). Exercise and proper diet keep the lungs and body oxygenated enough to keep clean amidst a weed habit.