Am I a member of the community?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Escierto, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Escierto

Escierto Members

I have always considered myself a straight man but now that I am in a relationship with a transgender woman, I am no longer sure if I can be considered straight. Of course it doesn’t matter what other people think and at this point, I don’t care if people think I am gay or bi.

The other aspect to my relationship is my girlfriend is the top and I am the bottom. I don’t know if that makes me gay but whatever, we are happy together.

So my question is, am I in the LGBTQIA community or not? It’s ok either way.

randomdude1983 likes this.
  2. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I would consider that you are part of the community. The real question is. Are you guys happy together?

3. Escierto

Escierto Members

That’s cool.

Happy isn’t even the word. In bliss. In love.

BiRob and randomdude1983 like this.
  4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

That's all that matters. Welcome to HIP. We don't judge here :)

5. Styx

Styx Members

I think it depends on how you feel about yourself (I believe the PC term here is...identify).
    I consider myself straight because that's how I live my life. From all outward appearances, no one would look at me and think I was anything other than straight. What makes me different is my sexual orientation...and that is something that is between me, whoever I'm fucking, whoever is fucking me...or whatever goes on behind the closed door of my bedroom. I have no intentions of living an LGBTQ+ lifestyle so I have no desire to announce to the world that I enjoy cock and every other freaky thing I enjoy when having sex. That's my business and no one else's.

I'm a straight man...who just happens to be bisexual.

When I was coming to grips with my Bisexuality...which really wasn't that long ago...I was having some inner confusion on what my sexual orientation was. I asked myself the same question "am I gay...Bi...queer...or still straight?" A lot of men who are attracted to and actually have physical contact with TS/TG women, don't consider themselves gay/ bisexual.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert...just going by what I've read, heard and my personal opinion.

I believe the way it is seen is...if she is a woman, regardless of how she was gendered at birth, then a man and a woman are in a straight relationship. It matters not...that she has a cock...she is a "woman."
    Others tend to disagree by believing that if she has a cock, then the man is gay or bisexual. End of story.
    So again, it all comes down to what you believe and how you feel about yourself.

For me...it comes down to sexual attraction. I can be sexually attracted to any gender or orientation as long as I find them desirable. It doesn't matter if they're a man, woman, TS, non-binary, etc.
    I'm not sure if I can label myself (lol) as Pansexual...but maybe I am, I dunno...

6. Escierto

Escierto Members

Pansexual is cool - nice and inclusive - I like it.

Well obviously I am in the first group who think my girlfriend is a woman and therefore I am straight. Unfortunately I think most people are in the second group so therefore I am gay.

At this point I don’t really care. I even told my girlfriend if she wanted to be a gay guy that was fine with me. (She said no lol)

So I guess I identify as straight but if people want to think I am gay, that’s fine. I got nothing but love for the LGBTQIA community so if they will have me, I will have them.

7. KathyL

KathyL Super Moderator Super Moderator

I don't think there is a label that describes you accurately. You are a trans ally, which doesn't put you on the trans spectrum, but does put you in the community. As for your sexual orientation, you seem to be straight above the waist and gay below the waist. So you could either invent your own label or just go with bi.

8. Escierto

Escierto Members

I chuckled so much when I read straight above the waist and gay below the waist. Yes! That’s exactly right! You are amazing.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    KathyL likes this.
  9. Styx

Styx Members

Yes...I grinned at that statement myself! :D

KathyL likes this.
Tags: