Alpine Valley Camping

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by lacelee, May 16, 2004.

1. lacelee

lacelee Member

does anyone know any good places to camp that are close to Alpine Valley?

2. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

can you be more specific as to where "Alpine Valley" is?

3. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

http://www.onthesnow.com/WI/8/

http://www.onthesnow.com/OH/7

Yeah, I thought a simple google search would render an answer. When you make a post like that you REALLY have to be more specific !

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

traditionally there is no camping near alpine valley, but ive heard of some folks finding it. its tough too because cops are rough when it comes to the alpine shows. people usually just hit up the hotels there, or walmart parking lot.

5. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

I live near alpine... How far are you willing to drive... I know of parks within like a 45 minute drive from there.

6. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

off of alpine´s webiste there should be some info on local camping areas. i know there´s Kettle Moraine State Park and Bong Recreation Area/State Park. and maybe even this one other place that´s privately owned. i forget the name tho.

7. sweetpeace

sweetpeace Member

there isn't a whole lot around there, unless you are willing to drive a ways.

last year a friend and i went dowm to madison just to chill for a couple of days, assuming there would be a campground nearby, but nope! unless you drive up to wisconsin dells area. maybe there is more around the milwaukee area though. do a search.

i wish i could help--sweetpeace

8. leekybreaks

leekybreaks Member

I know myself and some kids who will be staying at the Mukwonago Park about 15 to 20 minutes away for the Phish shows. Check the Phish site for info, and just a suggestion- don't stay at any state parks, the rangers love to fuck with hippie kids. Peas

9. Duckie

Duckie Member

Alpine is awsome, I can walk to it from my house, for camping, a lot of people that I know sleep in their cars, or they stay in the little motels around East Troy. A lot of people stay in Elkhorn or Mukgonago. Yeah, I can't spell I know. :)

10. sambisu

sambisu Guest

Anyone that live near Alpine like to make some extra money by letting 5 people camp in their yard for a couple nights during the Phish shows (6/20 and 6/21)? We had plans to stay at a friend's lake house in Lake Geneva but it turns out his parents sold the place last week so now we are SOL. Any other ideas are welcome too. Thanks!