Alone in the beginning , alone in the end

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by TerminalMadness, May 26, 2004.

1. I been feeling kind of out of it and depressed lately.

I just think differently from everyone else. My thoughts and dreams are different and people never usually want to understand my way of thinking.

I'd love to travel around the world, visit paris, all sorts of countries including London and or Britain, then I'd love to march in protests and fight for what I believe. My pap usually says "you have to get a job", but I usually hate to have to dress up and work to the bone for money like I do all the time.

I've never had a real best friend before, that's sad. I've had friends and acquaintances, but never best friends, or people who thought the way I do, and it's hard to fit in with people who only like hip hop and reggae and insult you for liking rock and classic rock. Sheesh.

Sucks being different.

2. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

Don't worry about it man... i'm glad you want to travel, i'm only 17 and lived in four different continents... everyone is unique, everyone has secrets, perhaps like me you want to know them, and in doing so truly know a person. I suppose i've never had a best friend either, but i've gotten to know a lot of people in the process of life, you will find yours trust me. You will. Go out and wake life, i listen to all sorts of music; trance, hiphop, rap, classical, classic rock, sad rock, drum and base, metal... each for a different thought and mood, that's the only way it can be. Everything will be alright, trust me. :)

3. I wont kill myself or anything, just venting, y'know. I feel comfortable in this board. Thanks dude.

4. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

Yea i feel you, this board is pretty comfortable. There are no looks involved, appreciation and friendship are only based upon the online-personality of a person. Glad you might be feeling better; i've been fucked with for the past month (see My Heart Hurts... on this board) and i'm finally getting over it. Nothing should bring you down, if you aren't living, learning and growing, walk away...

I heard a great quote yesterday at graduation (god i got shitfaced!), "Know where you are running from, where you are running to, and why"

Cheers.

5. Thanks a lot for the advice man, it helped. I love that quote! Honestly, it blew my mind. Thanks again.

6. grim_rebel

grim_rebel Member

No man, thank you for letting me give you advice... keep your chin up bro, let life lead you and you will lead yourself...

7. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I know my advice probably wasnt real helpful...but i can relate to what you have said...
    The thing with me is, i feel more comfortable around older people, ya know. I feel more at ease and I feel like I have an old soul...You just got to be happy with yourself and be comfortable in your skin...
    Sorry if this didnt help, but seriously though even though the advice i gave you wasnt that good, i certainly can relate...
    ~Kayla

8. Oh, stop it, you helped me. Thanks a lot for your words.

Same here! I feel comfortable around older people than people my own age. And my mom always said I'm a forty year old stuck in a twenty year olds body

9. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

man i know exactly how you feel.....like e-x-a-c-t-l-y....hence most of my previous threads...where i whine because i feel so alone and different, it's so hard, especially because im such a social person....its hard to find ppl like me. i hate it......from reading your posts, i sometimes think you and i are twins! :rolleyes: but im not exactly a 40yr old stuck in a 20 yr old body, im definitely more like a 5 year old stuck in a 20 yr olds body....hehe....but yeah, i know how u feel :eek:

10. In high school I used to sit with some people and they'd go on for hours about this hip hop artist, that hip hop artist and I had squat to say.

The only person I can talk about classic rock to is my uncle and he's 46.

11. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Mr. Madness..
    There are a million people out there that I am sure would be more than happy to talk to you about anything, and especially music...
    I use to be so shy, that people would think i was a bitch..cause i wouldnt talk to anyone except for the people I knew..
    But then I just started to talk to people and I met all sorts of people...and I just wasnt shy anymore...
    And you can talk to me anytime...for I love music and lovin' the old stuff..