Alluminum..?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by stick, Jun 30, 2006.

1. stick

stick Member

My friend said that smoking out of alluminum makes you get alzheimers (sp..) sooner. Has anyone else heard this?

2. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

There are many tales of what smoking on Aluminium does to you. They generally untrue.

3. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's one of those famous stoner myths.

4. happyonehit420

happyonehit420 Member

when the flame hits the aluminum, it releases oxides, as well as a few other nasty chemicals, into your smoke. why else does the aluminum turn brittle and nearly unusable after only a few bowls? however, even though it is unhealthy to smoke out of aluminum, you'd have to be smoking a boatload of it before you realized you're being poisoned....

5. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

Yeah ... your not gonna get alzheimers from smoking a tinny here and there. I wouldn't smoke out of them all the time though, just buy yourself a cheap glass piece. But like happyonehit said ... the aluminum does give off some nasty chems when it's heated.

6. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Member

Aluminum foil releases toxic chemicals while heated, and its use should be avoided as high aluminum levels have been found in the brains of some patients with neurological diseases.

7. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

glad some ppl either pay attention to my posts, or learn up themselves :)

8. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

yea really you should only use a tinny in a serious pinch....like im talking about when you have NO other option....one night a few weeks ago my friend and i had bud but not a damn thing to smoke with....no blunts, no papers, no cigarettes to empty out and repack, no bowl...and it was 2 in the morning and theres not much in the way of 24 hour stores in my town....

so that night we used a tinny....it is bad for you, that i am pretty certain off, but i figure once in a while it's not the end of the world. but i usually just keep a book of papers in my wallet, so i don't get caught in that situation.

9. NovaStarwind

NovaStarwind Member

Ahh, the popcan days. I wouldn't worry about it man! Like everyone else says, a bit here and there won't hurt you.

~Nova

10. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

Hahaha.. the 'ol soda can DOES work in a pinch!!

11. KyndVeggie4Peace

KyndVeggie4Peace -[ in.bloom ]-

ahaha :D

Yeah, i've used a few soda cans in my day. :p

12. zeppelin kid

zeppelin kid Member

I smoke out of aluminum every day. Am I gonna die or have psychological disorders now because I think I already may have them.