Allen Ginsberg

Discussion in 'Beat and Hippie Books' started by WallFlower69, Jan 19, 2012.

1. WallFlower69

WallFlower69 Member

Has anyone read the poems Howl by Ginsberg? They are absolutley amazing and fascinating to me. I love the way he had a no bullshit way of writing. I also watched this movie on it..it was amazing.If you guys ever get a chance I recomend "Howl". The movie and the poem. I'm completely infatuated with his work now. Like with Kerouac, I just can't get enough!!

Jen:daisy:

2. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

[FONT=&quot]Love Ginsberg. Love "Howl". It certainly still resonates with my experiences being a young seeker.
    "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]countless confused youthful and wandering lost..."

If you like Howl, you need to acquaint yourself with more Ginsberg. Check out this reading from Wales Visitation:
    [/FONT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKBAJYceQ54"]Allen Ginsberg's LSD poem to William Buckley - YouTube

3. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

my love for this man will never ever day. i am so glad there are others digging him. and howl.

4. Raga_Mala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Di1zoVFQo"]Words by Ginsberg, music by Glass

5. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

raga mala , cool video. my two favorite things Ginsberg and glass. great video thank you.

6. Raga_Mala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orar-V3y5Sk&feature=related"]Go fuck yourself with your atom bomb...

7. Kisorano7

Kisorano7 Guest

"Howl" The book and the movie, are both truly excellent, each a work of art on it's own, and i think the movie does a really good job showing the ridiculousness of the obscenity trial. Speaking of the movie, did anyone happen to catch where the animations came from? I know there were based on some drawings of Ginsberg's, and I'd love to see more, for me the animation and his words just worked so well together, utterly brilliant and beautiful.

8. Raga_Mala

The animations are based on the book "Illuminated Poems" by Allen Ginsberg and Eric Drooker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6ef3nE-E4&feature=related"]Father Death Blues

9. Kisorano7

Kisorano7 Guest

Thanks, I'll have to check it out

10. kansas

kansas Member

<3 oh thank you oh thank you for posting this I've been wanting to find people to talk about the book howl with and share my reactions pm me ok. Because. I had many questions questioning my vegetarianism I don't think Allen Ginsburg was a vegetarian even though he is very religious anyway it was fun I have got to watch the movie I haven't watched it yet

11. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I was into the Beat Movement quite a bit, in the early ‘90s. I read Kerouac, Ginsberg, Ferlinghetti back then.

I went to a couple of readings that Ginsberg did at the University of Louisville and theUniversity of Kentucky (Lexington), back around that same time, ‘92, ‘93. And I got to meet him afterwards, on both occasions.

I was just gutted when I found out in 1997 that he had passed away. He had only known he was ill for about four months, I think.

But I suppose that’s better than being ill and going downhill for years and years.

One of the 20th century’s greatest voices, IMO.