All things Latin Pop

Discussion in 'Music' started by queeniemcqueen, Jan 28, 2021.

1. queeniemcqueen

queeniemcqueen Members

Im so glad Selena Gomez is embracing her Latina roots. Her new spanish single Baila Conmigo ft. Rauw is out Jan 29 from her upcoming album REVELACIÓN
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yay!

That's really good and super-cool. I'm proud of what she's doing there.

What can I add? ... I think that in the California, being Hispanic can be confusing because everything is sort of tinged w/ Spanish/Hispanic/Latin influence; from the food and the architecture, to the economy of agriculture, the faces we see, the names of streets, and church. It's everything and everyone - we're literally surrounded, immersed, and engulfed.

But what we seldom realize is that no matter how many calaveras we see stuck on the back windows of cars, and no matter how many times we see or read a declaration about life or God in Spanish on someone's shirt or hat, we aren't that culture - we're different.

I realized that I've never celebrated Dia de los Muertos, never done ofrendas, and haven't got a clue how seriously it's taken in Mexico, Latin America, and South America - I haven't even any idea of the vibe about it, how it interacts with religion, or anything.

We're so far removed from any of that, that it's super important for people like Ms. Gomez to involve themselves; to encourage an exploration to that end.

I'm so excited to hear her new music! :) Thanks to @queeniemcqueen for brightening my outlook!

queeniemcqueen likes this.
  3. soulcompromise

4. queeniemcqueen

queeniemcqueen Members

also she has done so much philanthropy work this year.

her ongoing Selena + Chef show; each episode ends with a donation made to a charity of the guest chef's choosing.

her makeup line Rare Beauty; 1% of all product sales, plus funds raised by partners, will go toward the Rare Impact Fund to support mental health services. The Rare Impact Fund aims to raise $100 million over the next 10 years to provide mental health services for underserved communities, making it one of the largest corporate mental health funds.

Its time that we support her music too :D

She recently got awarded at Hispanic Heritage Awards too

5. queeniemcqueen

queeniemcqueen Members

Its just the promo/buzz/intro single from what ive heard. Rumors are its gonna be a visual album.

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. soulcompromise

so cool! :)

queeniemcqueen likes this.
  7. queeniemcqueen

queeniemcqueen Members

Off topic: this song got me into her music :D

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. soulcompromise

I'm a "Love Song" guy. old song... still good* :D