all music

Discussion in 'Music' started by toy wars, Jun 6, 2006.

1. toy wars

toy wars Member

I consider myself a hippie,(what with the long hair and the Fuck the establishment mentality) but I listen to so much different music people seem to disassociate themselves with me. for instance, one day i'll be listening to grateful dead and the beatles and the next day lamb of god and slayer (which ive been stuck on for a while now.) is anyone else here like this? you listen to almost every music under the rainbow?

2. AnOriginalName

AnOriginalName Senior Member

yes. har har, just kidding, i only listen to hardcore.

3. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

i do! well, with the exception of rap, hip-hop, R&B, you know, things along those lines. I'm not into super-mainstream stuff either, however if a band i like gets really popular, im not going to hate them. i cant stand it when people are like "roarroarroarIHATETHOSEGUYSBECAUSETHEYREMAINSTREAMroarroarroar!"

as for people disassociating themselves from you, they really shouldnt, what music you like and listen to is completely up to you

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

one of the musicians revered by freaks and wannabe hippies alike is really into KarlHeinz Stockhausen, who is definitely geek territory.
    I have a bizzare mix that i've collected over the years, and I'm pretty willing to listen to radio in the car...and despite Boulder's image, radio here is rather dull outside KGNU, KCUV and sometimes the Mountain (KQMT)
    My son got me listening to the odd bit of metal here and there, and Johnny Cash.
    I got him into Bob Dylan, Woody and Arlo G and the Dead and associated projects.
    we share a huge pool of local/regional touring acts (I get him into 21+ venues woith regularity) and singer songwriters.
    in our home, it will be disagreements and humorous arguments about who's version of Knockin' is better.
    and the value of fire dancers in a concert.
    Your friends are limited. That's their deal, not yours.

Remember, a lot of the kids on here trumpet music that was top 40 long ago.

5. joo kyle

joo kyle thisandthat

I listen to many a things. Look at my ipod and you'd see many diffrent types of rock,metal,jazz, and one or two underground rap groups.

6. satch

satch Member

the only thing I can't take musically is a load of the same style of music... like some clubs only play blues, or only rock, or only hip-hop. I like a mixture of styles and genres, as long as the standard of writing and musicianship is inspiring to me!

7. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I do like a lot of music; mostly older bands...
    But as for stuff like metal, rap, current R&B, not a fan...

8. junkhead

junkhead Member

i listen to all types of bastard shit

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Mostly rock. Psychedelic rock, stoner rock (yeah, i know it isn't a genre, I don't care), blues rock, folk rock. Also real folk. And for metal I prefer black, folk and doom metal. I like heavy/speed metal as well, but I just don't listen to it as much as i used to do.
    And I also listen to drum 'n bass, psytrance and triphop and some other stuff.

10. Ostard

Ostard Member

11. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i listen to alot of different types of music, from avant grade to classical, to japanese noise rock, to punk, to jazz, to techno, to neo folk,to french indie the list continues

12. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I listen to almost all kinds of music, in fact a few minutes ago I went from listening to Queensryche to The Bangles

13. AnOriginalName

AnOriginalName Senior Member

That's a bad thing. A REALLY bad thing.

14. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

nah, The Bangles were a good band.

15. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

Yeah, I listen to a little bit of everything. Old stuff and New stuff. People always think I'm weird when they hear me listenin to Eminem one day and Zeppelin the next, but I think it's a pretty cool quality in people, to be open-minded about music.

16. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

im about the same. i love red hot chili peppers and led zeppelin, jack johnson and iron maiden, etc etc

17. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Its the only way to be, not listeing to everything of course, but judging on a case by case basis....

for instance, I'm no hippy, but I like neil Young, and conversely despise the grateful dead with all of my black heart

deadonceagain, which French bands are you listening to? It seems that there is a lot going on there lately.

18. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

I used to listen to a lot of music... not anymore, though. :p Wll, not as diverse as I used to... nowadays I tend to stick to the artists I list on my myspace (myspace.com/lubbilubbing).
    Especially Elliott Smith. :H

19. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I listen to everything under the sun... music is a great great thing... why limit yourself

20. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

because some of its just so god awful you owe it to yourself NOT to listen to it