All Good Things Must Come To An End (Boyfriend-less)

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by wild.flower, Dec 28, 2004.

1. wild.flower

wild.flower Member

My boyfriend is moving in January, and we broke up yesterday. It was mutual, even though we still love eachother deeply. Long-distance relationships are pointless, anyway. We already didn't get to see eachother enough! I might not even get to see him before he moves! I invited him to spend New Years with me, but nooo. He's going to a party and he won't bring me as a date. (Suspicious? I think so...)

Anyways...I have mixed emotions about our relationship. I'm sad because he was my first love, my first kiss, my first EVERYTHING! :( But, I guess...now I feel...free. Because, we did disagree a lot politically and everything. But, we loved eachother enough to make it work. I don't know how to move on. I don't want to love anyone else. I'm not ready to let go. I'm just...not ready. :(

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

it's obvious that you're not feeling ready to love anyone else...you just broke uo with your ex...
    I understand what you say about having mixed emotions about the whole thing. In a way i think it's good that at least you're not suffering that much...you say that you're feeling free now, well, you're free to carry on with your life without him, which doesnt necessarily mean that you have to stay alone.

I went through a break up in august and i havent had a boyfriend since then...and i've been able to go out and enjoy myself a lot and flirt and feel good about myself on my own. I'm not particularly looking for a relationship right now cos i've lots of things i want to do and i think having a boyfriend would somehow limit my opportunities (past experiences)

now that you have the path open, maybe a good guy will come a long and sweep you off your feet!!! but in the meantime, enjoy your new single life and use the time as best as you can, growing internally as a person and having fun of course!

good luck! ;)