Alcohol and Pills, need answer quick!

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Geneity, May 5, 2007.

1. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

I was over my friends hours earlier today to pick up some beers he didn't want. While there, I spotted a pill container on his desk, reading "benzonatate". Apparently this is a prescription cough medicine of the most lame kind (meaning you can't use it recreationally). I asked him if I could take it anyway and he said fine as he no longer needed it.

After reading the bottle, I noticed a label talking of the medication's reaction with alcohol. Apparently alcohol will increase it's effect, which can namely be drowsiness. I was looking for the effects of the alcohol itself to be intensified. So this comes down to my question. I have 5 beers, enough to get me decently tipsy, and I need people's opinion on whether I should take a few of these after drinking to get to an increased state of "messed up". I realize its a dangerous practice, but I've never done this before.

Some side effects could be interesting, but some could be scary. The one I'm interested in the most is sedation, but others that could be interesting are:

Drowsiness
    Dizziness (I find this to be fun actually, and combined with alcohol? Haha)
    Confusion (possibly, sometimes it's annoying depending on the mood)
    Hallucinations (I assume these will be 'true' hallucinations like those experienced while on Benadryl or from a schizophrenic person)

Basically I'm looking to get the slight sedation without much of the negative (mostly hallucinations that I'm afraid of).

Again, this really isn't like me, but I want to be more then just tipsy =P

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

One way to find out

3. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Well, I took 2 of them about an hour ago. That's 400mg's, normally they come in 100mg's. I haven't noticed anything really, aside from the tipsyness of the 5 beers. Totally lame. I wish I had more alcohol, lol.