Album you got and HATED

Discussion in 'Music' started by InTheFlesh, Jun 4, 2004.

1. InTheFlesh

InTheFlesh Member

Have you ever got an album thinking, this is gonna be good! But then when you get past the hit tracks, most of the songs are complete crap?

2. Muzz

Muzz Member

The first Linkin Park CD.

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Pretty much all of them...I usually only like three or four songs...with the exception of the first two Marcy Playground cds, and the first few LIVE cds...not that new shit they put out a couple of years ago....yuck.

4. moo-digit

moo-digit Member

I got the discography of Bread and Water called Everything so far, and it completely sucked A$$!!!

5. HappyHaHaGirl

I was really surprised when I bought Ben Folds' Rockin the Suburbs, thinking I would only like one song, and I fell in love with the whole thing and still have a hard time going to sleep without it. :D That doesn't happen very often. It's always nice.

6. nightwanderer

nightwanderer Member

years ago im sure i had bought some cds i didnt like. but now im very careful. i usually read reviews on the album first. i dont buy anything under 4 stars most of the time. now i pretty much just download them anyway.

7. moo-digit

moo-digit Member

I agree with you nightwanderer, I download almost everything now a days... I just buy something really good/unique or really hard to find.

This is off topic... 0_o

8. Mrs.Plant

Mrs.Plant Member

The New Blink 182 Album, total complete bummer. All the songs sounds alike... Almost exactly alike.

9. HappyHaHaGirl

I thought every Blink song ever sounded exactly alike.... :rolleyes:

10. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

billy talent.. BARF

11. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

its been a long time since ive bought a cd i didnt like. i usually download at least 2 or 3 songs from the album and read a few reviews to make sure i wanna buy it.

12. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Nope, I've never bought an album I didn't enjoy.

BUT, back when the *boy bands* were REAL big, my mom bought me a backstreetboy album...i just gave her a blank stare, ran upstairs and burned it on my roof (It's a tin roof) and told her I lost it.

13. Jim

Jim Senior Member

Well, I've tried to get into the Floyd many times, because everyone seems to love them.... but I can't see(hear) it personally. So, all their albums have been bought and then sold on, after me taking a dislike to them..

14. prairiepixie

prairiepixie Member

~*john prine ~ YUK! ~ i had been told by a fairly clever music lover that i'd like him if i dug the jethro tull, zep, valdy type ~ WRONG! ~ i picked the record up at a thrift store for two bucks and still feel ripped off!*~

15. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

Aerosmith's Permanent Vacation.

:mad: IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

16. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Actually, one album sticks out in my mind (of albums I bought and thought were going to be really good, but ended up hating)... Madonna's "Like a Prayer," back during the time I was really into pop. Actually, I still like Madonna (although I don't feel her music as much as I used to), but that album never grew on me, and I ended up selling it.

17. ArieStarshines

ArieStarshines Member

MAD AT GRAVITY..... i was told i would dig them by a person that knows my musical taste fairly well..... oh boy was he ever wrong. Completly heinous.

18. Caleb983

Caleb983 Member

Pink Floyd's Umagumma, I really like a lot of Pink Floyd's pre-Dark Side stuff but I only enjoyed the live section of that album.

19. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

i have quite a few of those ,Metallica's last 3 albums have been disapointing and i still don't hear the briliance in Coldplay.

perhaps the Coldplay cd's will grow on me like many albums that i didn't like at first :)

20. EroticCookie

EroticCookie Guest

I bought this CD from a band called Metric...it sucked so bad and I don't know if anyone heard of Scratching Post but their first album sucked. They were going for a heavy metal sound but failed in a horrible fashion.