Alan Webster - 8 years?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rg paddler, Jun 8, 2006.

1. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

this man according to the news raped a baby repeatedly over 3 months and filmed it.his sentence is 8 years.I am sick to my stomach - what kind of world is this? sentence reduced for pleading guilty - i am angry yet I am at odds with my upbringing - I am becoming more and more in favour of capital punishment.not to make me feel better - maybe it's the only hope we have anymore of saving ourselves.am fighting back tears here

2. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

3. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In the late 1980s or early '90s, there was some sports star guy who had killed a child, was convicted, and he got "shock probation." No jail time. It got relatively little press.

It was such an outrage that for years afterwards I kept the newspaper article, just because it was too outrageous for anyone to believe without proof. Now I don't even recall his name... but I believe he played basketball for a university in Kentucky... but I'm not even sure of that now.