Al Franken accused of sexual assault

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, Nov 16, 2017.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The feminists, the media, and the "me too" movement is giving Trump and the republican party just what they want. Demonizing men is all the rage. Men are the scum of the earth. Not that men aren't sexually frustrated....they are. Women use sex as power over men, to get what they want. Now they want to rule the government. There was an actress turned feminine activist on the Bill Maher show, who's objective is to have women take over the democrat party. The media is doing their part, sexual assault and sexual harassment is the only thing they talk about. Trump and the GOP loves it. No more talk about the Russian meddling, or collusion, or the thousands of lies Trump has been telling, or the $1.5 trillion tax scam the republicans are fucking the American people with. Just those nasty old men. Now just accusations are enough, no proof needed to ruin men's careers. But Trump can brag about grabbing women's pussies, and pedophile Roy Moore is still going to get elected by Alabama. Only if you are a LIBERAL man, do you get investigated.

When the feminists take over the democrat party, are they really going to win elections? I remember the "women haters club" in the Little Rascals, ....now it's the man haters party that used to be the DNC. Wasserman Schultz, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, Marcy Stech and Kirstan Gilldibrand....all prospects for the White House in 2020.

Not bad enough we've got white supremacy, race wars against Muslims and Mexicans and Haitians, civil war, trade wars....now add the war of the sexes. Trump is having a great Thanksgiving.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So you think that woman have conspired to withhold sex from men in order to gain power over them.
    Any sexual misconduct by men is because of the conspiracy by women.
    Women are to blame for all sexual misconduct by men, so men really can't commit sexual misconduct as they are completely innocent.

I agree that Trump is getting a free pass, as I used to think he himself was a sexual predictor. But now I understand that it's all those nasty women's fault.
    Trump is just frustrated.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Right up until the moment Mueller completes his investigation and then it won’t be the thanksgiving day turkey that needs to be pardoned, it will be the other white house turkey who's currently sitting in the oval office

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J'accuse…!

hmm...weird the link doesnt work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J'accuse…!

J'accuse…!
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Jaccuse)
    "J'accuse" redirects here. For other uses, see J'accuse (disambiguation).
    Part of a series on the
    Dreyfus affair

People
    [​IMG]
    Front page cover of the newspaper L'Aurore for Thursday 13 January 1898, with the letter J'Accuse...!, written by Émile Zola about the Dreyfus affair. The headline reads I accuse...! Letter to the President of the RepublicMusée d'Art et d'Histoire du Judaïsme
    [​IMG]
    Edition of the Polish Życie reporting on Zola's letter and the Dreyfus affair
    "J'accuse ...!" (French pronunciation: [ʒaˈkyz], "I accuse...!") was an open letter published on 13 January 1898 in the newspaper L'Aurore by the influential writer Émile Zola.

In the letter, Zola addressed President of France Félix Faure and accused the government of anti-Semitism and the unlawful jailing of Alfred Dreyfus, a French Army General Staff officer who was sentenced to lifelong penal servitude for espionage. Zola pointed out judicial errors and lack of serious evidence. The letter was printed on the front page of the newspaper and caused a stir in France and abroad. Zola was prosecuted for libel and found guilty on 23 February 1898. To avoid imprisonment, he fled to England, returning home in June 1899.

Other pamphlets proclaiming Dreyfus's innocence include Bernard Lazare's A Miscarriage of Justice: The Truth about the Dreyfus Affair (November 1896). As a result of the popularity of the letter, even in the English-speaking world, J'accuse! has become a common generic expression of outrage and accusation against someone powerful.

Contents
    [1Alfred Dreyfus

Alfred Dreyfus[edit]
    Main article: Dreyfus affair
    Alfred Dreyfus was born in 1859 in the city of Mulhouse, which was then located in the province of Alsace in northeast France. Born into a prosperous Jewish family,[1] he left his native town for Paris in 1871 in response to the annexation of the province by Germany following the Franco-Prussian War. In 1894, while an artillery captain for the General Staff of France, Dreyfus was suspected of providing secret military information to the German government.[1]

A cleaning woman and French spy by the name of Madame Bastian working at the German Embassy was at the source of the investigation. She routinely searched wastebaskets and mailboxes at the German Embassy for suspicious documents.[2] She found a suspicious bordereau (detailed listing of documents) at the German Embassy in 1894, and delivered it to Commandant Hubert-Joseph Henry, who worked for French military counterintelligence in the General Staff.[2]

The bordereau had been torn into six pieces, and had been found by Madame Bastian in the wastepaper basket of Maximilian von Schwartzkoppen, the German military attaché.[2] When the document was investigated, Dreyfus was convicted largely on the basis of testimony by professional handwriting experts:[3] the graphologists' assertion was that "the lack of resemblance between Dreyfus' writing and that of the bordereau was proof of a 'self-forgery,' and prepared a fantastically detailed diagram to demonstrate that this was so."[4] There were also assertions from military officers who provided confidential evidence.[3]

Dreyfus was found guilty of treason in a secret military court-martial, during which he was denied the right to examine the evidence against him. The Army stripped him of his rank in a humiliating ceremony and shipped him off to Devil's Island, a penal colony located off the coast of French Guiana in South America.[2]

At this time, France was experiencing a period of anti-Semitism, and there were very few outside his family who defended Dreyfus. In 1899, Dreyfus returned to France for a retrial, but although found guilty again, he was pardoned.[2] In 1906, Dreyfus appealed his case again, to obtain the annulment of his guilty verdict. In 1906, he was also awarded the Cross of the Légion d'honneur, which stated, “a soldier who has endured an unparallelled martyrdom.”[3]

History of Émile Zola[edit]
    Émile Zola was born on 2 April 1840 in Paris.[5] Zola's main literary work was Les Rougon-Macquart, a monumental cycle of twenty novels about Parisian society during the French Second Empire under Napoleon III and after the Franco-Prussian War.[5] He was also the founder of the Naturalist movement in 19th-century literature.[5] Zola was among the strongest proponents of the Third Republic and was elected to the Légion d'honneur.[5] He risked his career in January 1898 when he decided to stand up for Alfred Dreyfus. Zola wrote an open letter to the President of France, Félix Faure, accusing the French government of falsely convicting Alfred Dreyfus and of anti-Semitism.[5] His intention was to draw the accusation so broadly that he would essentially force men in the government to sue him for libel. Once the suit was filed, the Dreyfusards (supporters of Dreyfus) would have the opportunity to acquire and publicize the shaky evidence on which Dreyfus had been convicted. Zola titled his letter "J’accuse" (French for "I accuse"), which was published on the front page of Georges Clemenceau's liberal Paris daily L'Aurore.[5] Zola was brought to trial for libel for publishing his letter to the President, and was convicted two weeks later. He was sentenced to jail and was removed from the Légion d'honneur.[5] To avoid jail time, Zola fled to England, and stayed there until the French Government collapsed; he continued to defend Dreyfus.[5] Four years after this famous letter to the president, Zola died from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a blocked chimney. On 4 June 1908, Zola's remains were laid to rest in the Panthéon in Paris.[5]

Arguments in J'accuse[edit]
    [​IMG] Wikisource has original text related to this article:
    J'accuse
    Émile Zola argued that "the conviction of Alfred Dreyfus was based on false accusations of espionage and was a misrepresentation of justice."[5] He first points out that the real man behind all of this is Major du Paty de Clam. Zola states: "He was the one who came up with the scheme of dictating the text of the bordereau to Dreyfus; he was the one who had the idea of observing him in a mirror-lined room. And he was the one whom Major Forzinetti caught carrying a shuttered lantern that he planned to throw open on the accused man while he slept, hoping that, jolted awake by the sudden flash of light, Dreyfus would blurt out his guilt."[6]

Next, Zola points out that if the investigation of the traitor was done properly, then the evidence would clearly show that the bordereau came from an infantry officer, not an artillery officer such as Dreyfus.[6]

Zola strongly defends Alfred Dreyfus and all of justice when he states: "These, Sir, are the facts that explain how this miscarriage of justice came about; The evidence of Dreyfus's character, his affluence, the lack of motive and his continued affirmation of innocence combine to show that he is the victim of the lurid imagination of Major du Paty de Clam, the religious circles surrounding him, and the 'dirty Jew' obsession that is the scourge of our time."[6]

After more investigation, Zola points out that a man by the name of Major Esterhazy was the man who should have been convicted of this crime, and there was proof provided, but he could not be known as guilty unless the entire General Staff was guilty, so the War Office covered up for Esterhazy.

At the end of his letter, Zola accuses General Billot of having held in his hands absolute proof of Dreyfus's innocence and covering it up.[6] He accuses both General de Boisdeffre and General Gonse of religious prejudice against Alfred Dreyfus.[6] He accuses the three handwriting experts, Messrs. Belhomme, Varinard and Couard, of submitting false reports that were deceitful, unless a medical examination finds them to be suffering from a condition that impairs their eyesight and judgment.[6]

Zola's final accusations were to the first court martial for violating the law by convicting Alfred Dreyfus on the basis of a document that was kept secret, and to the second court martial for committing the judicial crime of knowingly acquitting Major Esterhazy.[6]

6. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Really don't know why this is so hard to understand....It's not just men...it's women taunting men sexually....that is sexual harassment too....if they don't want lewd comments, they shouldn't dress like a slut....

What do you think these women are selling?....

7. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Most men will not like women demonizing them as the scum of the earth. Many of these rich men will not be donating money to the democratic party any more. The DNC is bankrupt. How will they win elections without the money to compete with the GOP? That is how the cons rigged campaign financing....by allowing corporations to donate...and they are going to donate to the party that made it possible. The WOMEN'S party (DNC) will lose next year. Women have insured that there WILL NOT be a female POTUS, because men don't like the idea of being castrated and shamed...many men like myself will NOT be voting democrat any more. Many women don't like wussy men either. Remember, I told you so.

8. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

You may be right about the fate of the democrats via the failures of the DNC. But I don't agree with your assessment of voting men. Plenty of us have been working with and for women over the last few decades without harboring feelings of emasculation. People like Weinstein and Franken are relics with regard to sexual harassment. In the real working world men are walking on eggshells or they simply treat the women in the office like they do their fellow men, with respect and protracted disdain (when necessary).

The DNC screwed the pooch by pushing hard left positions that in turn alienated huge swaths of the voting public. Demonizing men was not the original charter of the Women's March, but look how fast it hijacked the day. I agree that this attitude cost them Hillary to some degree (her being a corrupt candidate probably had a bit of a part as did her lack of campaigning for weeks at a time). We'll probably see the rise of an independent candidate pool unless the DNC can get their act together and put their own corruption in check.

I am certain we'll see a woman in the top seat, but it won't likely be an establishment tool like Hillary. The democrats' best bet will be to start grooming a "wise Latina" NOW. Someone with REAL credentials and accomplishments (I can think of a few actually).

I also agree that women are not likely to tolerate weenie men for very long. Who can feel safe with such a guy?

morrow likes this.
  9. MeAgain

So what you're saying is that if women walk around in skimpy clothing, or nude perhaps, that's sexual harassment?

Personally I don't find these women or videos sexually provocative in any way.
    I really don't watch that stuff.
    It's a stage act.

What separates man from the animals is his or her capacity to control their basic urges.
    I love the smell of bacon and could eat an entire pound at one sitting, but I know it's bad for my health, so I don't eat more than a piece or two at a time, and that rarely.. A dog will devour the entire pound without thinking.

What you're saying is that there are men who can't control their sexual drive.
    They're no different than wild animals.
    A woman should be able to walk down the street nude, and not feel endangered sexually.
    Even if an underage girl were to offer herself sexually to an adult male, the male should be able to decline her offer as that is surly one sign of a true civilized man.

I don't care how much I get taunted, it's up to me to control myself and my urges. I can only be responsible for myself, not others.

morrow likes this.
  10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Women running for POTUS in 2020....
    Elizabeth Warren Kirstin Gillibrand Kamala Harris Amy Klobuchar Tulsi Gabbard Tammy Baldwin Claire McCaskill Maggie Hassan Tammy Duckworth Val Demings Sheryl Sandberg

11 Democratic women who could run for president in 2020, ranked

The comments at the bottom of the page reveal what is to come......Women are cutting off their nose to spite their face by getting rid of men in the Democrat party.

11. MeAgain

I thought the majority of the voters voted for those "hard left" positions.
    Clinton won the popular vote by almost 3 million votes.

Clearly the result was a strategic error on the Dems part, and a result of gerrymandering.
    BTW, I'm not feeling emasculated by women in any way, and I never walked on eggshells around them at work.
    I had a number of female bosses over me, I got along fine with them.

12. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

No need to demonize animals for women....there are animals that mate for life....animals that have harems... gay animals....animals that have orgies.....only human females are special? PFT!

13. MeAgain

I didn't say human females are special, I said that civilized mankind can control their basic urges.
    Women and men both have sexual drives. Civilized men and women both control those drives.

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

People who have abused children or vulnerable people should be brought to justice how ever long ago that it happened. But these women working in the media and looking for five minutes of fame and hoping to make some money are a joke. Their may be a few genuine cases, but the vast majority of them a laughable. I wonder how many guys can truthfully say that after a few drinks, they have never playfully slapped the ass of a woman when she wore a short skirt at the Christmas party and is everyone who kissed her under the mistletoe a sexual predator..

morrow likes this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't understand what point you're trying to make

Are you trying to justify sexual assault or what

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

Probably the worst thing I ever heard on this topic!
    Do you know men are raped? Why has no one said this?
    So what do you think the reason for this is? Can't say it's wrong to walk the streets at night! Can't say they wear provocative clothes! It's pure and really simple..
    There are still people who think it's a man's world!
    God help your daughter's..forget about your son's, there safe!
    Don't kid yourself! The reason laws about rape etc were put in place was to protect women, and now men thank god! From the urges of men! Yes men!
    So have a go at me! See if you make a difference to my life! Lol
    Men make no difference anymore, women are in high places.. your no wiser, better or successful than women!

When God made men, she was having a laugh!

Mallyboppa and wilsjane like this.
  17. wilsjane

"SHE" was having a laugh.!!!! You have certainly put a smile on my face for the next few hours. LOL

morrow likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If some drunk guy in a bar slaps my ass I'm going to be annoyed but wouldnt take it seriously past that as long as he didnt come across as threatening

But if my boss slaps my ass at the work Christmas party then we have a problem. Women shouldnt have to put up with that shit at work in 2017.

19. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Agreed, I don't feel anything odd about having a woman for a boss, plenty of them have proven themselves to be much smarter than me and clearly earned their position. By walking on eggshells I was speaking specifically to the issue of sexual harassment. I've noticed that few women these days seem to catch a compliment on anything beyond work performance and even there one has to be very careful not to say something that can be seen as condescending.

I am also noticing that people in corporate America don't seem to date the way they did in the 80s and 90s. It used to be that many people met their ultimate mate in a work setting. These days it's like people are scared to ask a coworker out to lunch. I had a supervisor invite me to lunch out of the blue a couple of years ago, but it turned out that he didn't want to be alone with a woman from one of the other offices. I thought he was being needlessly paranoid, but I've seen more of that sort of behavior in the last couple of years. A kind of cover your ass mentality.

As for Hillary, she didn't campaign enough. Her message was weak and didn't address anything important. And she didn't concentrate on winning states, so winning the popular vote didn't matter one whit. That's not how we vote in the US. Another failure on her part was not taking Trump as a serious threat, as if it was her "turn" to be president. Actually, her turn was back in 2008 and it was taken from her by a rookie with the backing of the DNC. Then in 2016 Obama backed her only slightly more than Bill Clinton backed Gore (at the last moment). It's time for the democrats to engage in an honest failure analysis before they invest in another loser (like Job Ossoff). As long as they keep propping up all this straw, no revelations will be coming.

20. wilsjane

I think that every situation is different. If your boss was abusing his position, it would be very wrong, but if it was a company where the boss worked along with the staff and was respected for his knowledge rather than his position, it could be different. Our daughter worked for 6 months for a company and one day when she asked the guy who helped her quite a lot how long he had worked for the company, he casually mentioned that he was the managing director. Sexual abuse is very hard to generalize. Needless to say, our daughters boss never slapped her ass.