ak a gay guy for a "date" ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by sophie, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sophie

sophie Member

hey, short question: i met someone when we went out and he was gay. still tho he was just wonderful and we danced all night long. the thing is: i would like to have another dancing date (he's just the best dancer ever ;) ) when i will be in this city again. but i am not sure if he will think this is strange somehow. maybe he thinks i fell in love with him or i will try to make him straight lol again ;) do you think it is strange to ask a gay guy for a date? i actually mean it in a friendship way...

2. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Heaven forbid that a gay man might have a woman as a friend. But seriously, I don't think you're out of line to ask for another dance date. It's just two friends going out and having fun. that's all. Just ask him. If he seems hesitant, just explain yourself and you should be fine. But chances are you probably won't have to explain anything.

3. Empress Orchid

Empress Orchid Member

just ask him out to go dancin again. I'm sure he would be more than happy to do it.

4. JayJ

JayJ Member

exactly what monosphere and empress orchid said. ;) I'm gay and I actually met my best friend in a club - we started dancing and have been asking each other to go out dancing together since (that was years back haha)...it's nothing more than just two friends hanging out having fun :)

5. daniel

daniel Member

Of course it's not strange! Girls are good friends :) And why should another dancing date mean more than that.. It's not always that complicated. Just give it a try anyway!