ah spors!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by wastingthedawn, Apr 9, 2007.

1. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Guys this morning I moved this bead that's been in my hair for a few months and mould was starting to grow under it! I never used any wax or products for my hair, it much have just been to damp under the bead. I scraped it really hard, put tea tree in it to disinfect, and even ripped a pretty large chunch out, it seems pretty clean now, and it was just that one. But man, close call, I ripped all my beads out even. Scary stuff!!

2. erizoe

erizoe Member

Was it a glass bead or was it some funky material?

close call...=/

3. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

wow! i guess ive been super lucky with wraps and mold. a couple months ago my buddy took a bead out and it was incredibly moldy, although she used to use wax... she has been all paranoid since that the mold is causing respitory problems. i say is just the dessert climate here. that not good about the mold.

4. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

It was just a little wooden bead, and it's a really dey climate here.

5. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

well if you left a wooden bead on your head while you were showering, that would be prime breeding ground for mold. ever seen the inside of a wooden steak knife handle after awhile? I don't keep any beads in my locks for exactly this reason, and if I do wear them I take them out when I shower, and don't put them back on until my locks are dry.