ah spors!

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by wastingthedawn, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. wastingthedawn

    wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

    Guys this morning I moved this bead that's been in my hair for a few months and mould was starting to grow under it! I never used any wax or products for my hair, it much have just been to damp under the bead. I scraped it really hard, put tea tree in it to disinfect, and even ripped a pretty large chunch out, it seems pretty clean now, and it was just that one. But man, close call, I ripped all my beads out even. Scary stuff!!
     
  2. erizoe

    erizoe Member

    Was it a glass bead or was it some funky material?

    close call...=/
     
  3. wow! i guess ive been super lucky with wraps and mold. a couple months ago my buddy took a bead out and it was incredibly moldy, although she used to use wax... she has been all paranoid since that the mold is causing respitory problems. i say is just the dessert climate here. that not good about the mold.
     
  4. wastingthedawn

    wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

    It was just a little wooden bead, and it's a really dey climate here.
     
  5. dudenamedrob

    dudenamedrob peace lily

    well if you left a wooden bead on your head while you were showering, that would be prime breeding ground for mold. ever seen the inside of a wooden steak knife handle after awhile? I don't keep any beads in my locks for exactly this reason, and if I do wear them I take them out when I shower, and don't put them back on until my locks are dry.
     

Share This Page


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice