ah loose hairs

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Bass, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Bass

Bass Member

day 23 (about). I've been getting tons of loose hairs, and even if i palm roll them till my hands turn blue, they dont do anything. I'm wondering if I should just leave them, or if I can do something that will make them dread in. Also, is this the 'frizzy period' I've heard about? and if it is, how long does it last?

2. daveymoore

daveymoore Member

I had the same questions the first few months of my dreadies. i came to find out that leaving loose hairs gives your dreads character. i would leave them. over time they will eventually find a home. try using sea salt, water, and lemon juice mixed in a spray after rvery wash, it may will help.

3. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

23 days... pah! have you seen mine? they are 6months old almost.. and ... honey i still got loose hairs! hehehe don't worry bout it things well tighten over time, i stress the word time... because it does take patience

4. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I've seen cats with dreads 10 years old and they still have loose hairs...New hairs are always growing in...they need to find their own homes at their own times.

Don't fret.

5. Love113

Love113 Member

mine are 3 1/2 yrs now, loose hairs all over! dont worry bout em, they come and go, and will all find homes one day, let em do what they want

6. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

I'm on day .... 3? and my loose hairs suck lol. Is it normal that my dreads aren't that tight yet? I tighten them with my palms and thumbs often enough to keep them secure. how long will it take before they start looking decent?

7. knottyinthemaritimes

knottyinthemaritimes Member

6 months roughly

8. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Yeah 3 days is a reallly reallly realllly short time in the life span of dreads...

9. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

loose hair is always going to be there, just like corrupt governments and people living in poverty :)

10. Lt Major Burns

Lt Major Burns Member

i get pissed off with my loose hairs too. i wannem to go away! but they just come back. i find that some hair places will tighten them up for you. if you're in manchester, behind afflecks palace is a great place. they REALLY tighten em up, and it looks so much better than before. about £20 for my 8" knots

11. Bass

Bass Member

wrong side of the pond ;)

12. Lt Major Burns

Lt Major Burns Member

ha ha ha... but of course if you ever do come to blighty, check the place out....