ah E hangover...

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by l-foote, Apr 6, 2007.

1. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

how i love it. not.

two hits last night at a dance, it was tight for sure. i was not prepared for the dance to be over, cuz i still wanted to get my freak on.
    but since I HAD to leave, me and my friends (i was the only one rolling haha) went to tim hortons, got some donuts, and then headed back to my crib to smoke a couple joints. good times good times.
    i gotta go burn one down soon, but i know as soon as I do, i'll be binging again.
    but who really cares? not I.

what do everyone else do to make their hangover more.... managable?
    all i ever do is smoke a couple joints and sleeep. no food, because the idea of eating makes me sick.

2. ChopperPilot

ChopperPilot Member

You really have to force yourself to eat. Part of the hangover is because your body is depleted of nutrients, so you need to replenish them. The other part of the hangover is you're depleted of serotonin. Pick up some 5htp tablets- you can get them at health food stores, and even Walmart in the vitamin section. 100mg per day will bring your serotonin back up faster. Also Vitamin C is good (1000mg per day is what I take). It is a strong anti-oxidant. And with the serotonin levels down, there are free radicals flying around your brain. The anti-oxidants help to get rid of those.

As far as food- fruit is really good, easy to get down and full of nutrients you need. I have also found that shrimp is easy to get down, and they contain proteins you need for the hangover.

3. Stiney

Stiney Member

Good advice from chopper, although I'm still not completely sold on taking 5-htp supplements the day after doing e, some people swear by it though. Also valium is an absalute life saver for the day after, anyone I know that has used valium to help with the hangover never takes e again without having some roche on standby. Also aswell as taking vit C take a good multivitimin aswell.

4. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Its all in your head.

5. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i have always found the day after to be really amazing and refreshing in a soft and glowy way. drink juice, take vitamins, relax... watch cartoons... ahhhh sometimes the day after is even better than the actual roll :D

&i know that when i have a hangover from drinking, spaghettios make everything right in the world.

6. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

You speak the truth.

7. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

i just ate some fruit and vitamins, smoked a joint or several, and chilled out watching movies and playing video games.

worked like a charm

8. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

:p

9. HippieAtHeart69

HippieAtHeart69 Member

I only ever got an E hangover once, it was horrible. But welllll worth it :)

and, haha I didn't even realize you made this thread!, damn. are we ever related

10. ChopperPilot

ChopperPilot Member

5htp is a precursor to seretonin. In your body, tryptophan gets converted to 5htp which is converted to serotonin.

[size=-1]tryptophan —> 5-HTP —> serotonin

[/size]
    So taking 5htp tablets merely skips the tryptophan to 5htp conversion, thus leading to a quicker conversion to serotonin, and its your serotonin stores that get depleted by taking E. It still needs to go thru digestion and conversion, so its not some sort of magic bullet for the E hangover. It's not going to make you feel any different at all the next day. But if you take it every day for the week following, you'll find that you won't get so depressed/emotional during that week. Lack of serotonin causes the low "blues" feeling. Seretonin also helps regulate your sleep (ever have trouble sleeping the first couple nights after doing E?". So building the serotonin back up in your brain as rapidly as possible is a very good thing.

11. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

tsk tsk, don't get to hard up into drugs cousin. but we are hella related in that way... our daddies were probably the same way :p though no E, just mushies and pot :)

but yeah, usually i don't get the hangover, i just feel tired the next day, and when i smoke a joint, i start binging a little bit again.

12. Stiney

Stiney Member

I'm aware of what 5-htp is chopper, but the OP was asking for a cure to take the following day, which is why I said I wasn't convinced on taking 5-htp "the day after doing e". Which is how a lot of people seem to use it in relation to helping with an e hangover and how your first post seemed to read.

13. ChopperPilot

ChopperPilot Member

Ah... gotcha... Yeah, there's not much you can do the day after except try to get some food and vitamins in ya. IMHO- the day after, the most important thing is FOOD. I know it damn near makes me gag to eat anything. But I also know that after I force some food down, I start feeling much better.