Age of consent + relationship problem

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by theAndrew, May 28, 2007.

1. theAndrew

theAndrew Member

I don't consider it a big deal but recently I just turned 18 and have been dating a 16 year old since before I was 18. I live in california and it's illegal for me to have sexual intercourse with her, which I think is the law but isn't that big of a deal unless I got her pregnant. She turns 17 on March 28 and I turn 19 on May 23. I feel like I am doing something wrong but when I think about it it's not like I'm doing something she doesn't want to do. We've been going out for about like 3 days but have been taking for like 3 weeks. My step dad asked his lawyer friend about that and it's illegal here like I stated before in California. I'm a senior about to graduate and move onto college she's gonna be a junior.

I don't wanna break up with her because I like her, and she likes me but it just sucks.

any input or opinions on what I should think/ do?

2. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Keep it in your pants until the time it can not haunt you or her.

3. theAndrew

theAndrew Member

2 years lol long ass time.

4. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Not near as long as a lifetime of being a registered sex offender.

5. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

agreed
    you know its illegal, i doubt its worth chancing getting tossed onto the sex offendrs list. and it is a big deal, regardless of pregnancy - her parents can inform the cops nad get you arrested for it. anyone who knows you two are having sex can do the same

6. theAndrew

theAndrew Member

That's so hilarious... oh wait it's not. I just turned 18 on the 23rd. It's not like my name is Brian peppers.

7. Poem~Girl

Poem~Girl Member

why does your thing say 19 than?

8. Libertine

Libertine Guru of Hedonopia

"Registered Sex Offender" is the biggest joke in the fucking country.

Some stupid ass kid can be labeled for life just for slapping some young girl on the ass, while more serious crimes are not followed THROUGHOUT ONE'S ENTIRE LIFE.

It's silly, I think.

How about this: VIOLENT FELON REGISTRY instead?

9. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I thoroughly agree. But still, tapping a 16 y/o while you're 18 in Cali could get you registered.

10. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Here in Alaska the age of consent is 16. But be for you decide to move here.
    Her Daddy can come here and shoot you and more likely than not, will walk away without any charges.
    Last time I remember such an event, Dad was fined $35. for discharging a firearm within the city limits.
    As said before, keep it in your pants. Being on the sex offenders list is something that will stick with you for a very long time.

11. austin123

austin123 Member

damn sucks for you. In FL, if your 16, you can have sex with someone up to 23-24.
    *edit* I live in FL, btw. :)

12. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

its only illigal if her parents dont approve and would press charges. when she turns 17 you'll be fine

13. spooner

spooner is done.

Canada: 14 and up is legal for everything except sodomy, although nobody is charged with that anymore.

14. aspirine

aspirine Member

Don't be a chump. Find some woman who is not putting you at risk. Here is the funny thing, In Washington State it would be perfectly lawful for you two to have sex.

Meantime go approach some hottie who is 25 to 30. She will make you happy and be far more interesting.

15. veroness

veroness There's only one :)

does it really matter? just dont getr her knocked up and wear a rubber