against my rights????

Discussion in 'Busted!' started by morrisonforpres, May 26, 2006.

1. morrisonforpres

morrisonforpres Member

ok well in school someone saw me roll up a flyer and play with it as if it was a joint in a group of friends. that person told the principle and they searched my locker and found shit.. is that a breach of my rights or no..
    should i hold that against them??

2. Sezzy

Sezzy Member

not sure if it's a breach of your rights or not but OMFG THAT SUX AND THAT NARC ASS THAT TOLD IS A BITCH i feel for you man

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

The school is a public place, so I don't know if your locker is actually considered your private property. When I was in school they could search your locker any time they felt like it.

Don't bring your "shit" to school....

4. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

no. you guys are wrong.

at a school they can search you're locker with "reasonable cause". typically, a cop would need "probable cause" and a warrant or your consent to search. the school technichally owns the locker, so they dont need to follow procedure to the fullest extent. but they still can't go doing whatever the fuck they want, whenever they want. they just think they can.

the big decision here would be determining if imitating a joint constitues "reasonable cause". in my opinion it does not. people roll up papers all the time, for some its just a habit they are unconcious of. any good lawyer good probably find a case for saying that it was an unreasonable search.

5. Sezzy

Sezzy Member

i think the reasonable cause in this case was the bitch who ran to the principle screaming "drug use!!"

6. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

actually your wrong, even though they say they might need a reasonable cause, they don't need shit, you have no rights at sachool, remember that. My friends have been searched for less and lemme tell you, they don't follow that reasonable cause bullshit.

7. CreamPuffWar

CreamPuffWar Member

Wait, wait...I understand the parts regarding the school's ability to randomly search lockers, backpacks, etc., however, they can search your car too? That seems a little extreme and might necessitate a warrant to execute.

8. gratefuldeadhippy

gratefuldeadhippy Member

because your car is on school grounds they can search it.

9. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

Check it: You have no rights at school. Don't bring your shit there--are you a dumbass?!

10. enjoibaked

enjoibaked Member

Before they kicked me out in April, they always profiled me.
    And when a narc told them, they had a reason to kick me out.

11. morrisonforpres

morrisonforpres Member

man thats fucked up.
    i dont even think i was putting the fake joint in my mouth.. these kids at my school fucking suck

12. Night_Owl49

Night_Owl49 Since 2006

schools can do whatever they want. they don't need "reasonable cause" at all.

13. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

In any case, the locker belongs to the school. They can search it whenever they like.

14. napolean inrags95

napolean inrags95 Member

you didnt even read my post. i said they cant, but they do. i said they can't do whatever the fuck they want, they just think they can.

so yes, they do routinely search kids without any cause, and 99% percent of the time they get away with it because people do nothing about it.

buthttp://www.acluofnorthcarolina.org/studentrights5.html

thats a link to an aclu page on students rights. it does say that they do not need a warrant, but that they still are required to have "reasonable cause" or else search everyone's locker.

and yes, i 100 percent agree that the school would probably do it anyway. but you could defend yourself in court.

15. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

Dont say shit unless you know for sure. BOTTOM LINE: YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS ON SCHOOL GROUNDS. They can search whatever they want, they can DO whatever they want. On top of that -- I'm Assuming hes not 18, therefor he wouldnt have rights anyways. Point is, hes screwed - perfect example of why you shouldnt bring your "shit" to school.. tough luck

16. steve704

steve704 Member

unless you bring your lawyer and trust me school boards and the admin never like seeing them.....

17. steve704

steve704 Member

even if your on school grounds.... the school is on gov property and if you have a lawyer with you i guarantee you 100% you will have your rights

18. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

[​IMG]

19. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

What the fuck is a lawyer gonna say to a school board saying they found illegal drugs/paraphenilia on one of their students? "Oh, our mistake, we shouldnt have searched you. Here's your marijuana back"

20. steve704

steve704 Member

im saying use the lawyer before the search.... then there wouldnt be one