Again...arrrrgh!

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by cozmo_g, Jun 14, 2006.

1. cozmo_g

cozmo_g Is Out Of This World

So, here I am, as of this moment I think, single again...and I have no clue as to why. It's a long story, but basically after a wonderful weekend together, I call my g/f of 8 months Monday, after I left work (she just lost her job, so she was not busy), and I get attitude. I mean, you know how it's like you're talking to someone on the phone, and there's someone in the room with them and you can tell by the way there talking to you? yeah, that shit...so I cut the convo short, and haven't called her since.
    Since then, she's called and texted me (I haven't replied), but I keep thinking why would I go back to someone that's not what I'm looking for? Course, after 8 months together, I'm having the typical feelings of missing her, but as I type this, her s/n is lit up on YIM, so she's around, just not talking to me, and I don't want to be the one to 'break' and call her.
    She's not really my 'type', and I had intentions of slowly breaking it off anyhow, but I am just going through that b/s you go through when you're in a breakup, I guess. By the way, yes we've both said the 'l-word', and she's even mentioned the 'm-word' before, too (which scared me, I'll admit it)
    So, I guess my questions are as follows:
    1. Do I break down and try to patch it up, or wait for her to admit she's wrong (which she was, and I want an apology), or...?
    2. Count my blessings, cuz she wasn't my type and move on after an appropriate grieving period?
    3. Start back smoking, drinking and give up my healthy dietary changes, say screw it, and become a player again*.

*not really an option, that's just my evil twin talking(I'm a gemini)...

I'm just tired of the start and stop of relationships...I feel like I should stop just settling for companionship, and try to find 'Her', the quintessential woman for me.

Help me out brethren, and...sister-en(?)

2. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

what a gyp, i thought this was a pirate thread.....arrrrgh!

3. cozmo_g

ROFLMAOOOOOOO! You are truly one of a kind, my friend and neighbor :rolleyes:

4. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

I think you're acting like a spoiled baby. She acted awkward with you ONCE and you shut her off?

It sounds more like you're looking (hard) to have an excuse to dump her than anything.

5. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

How was she wrong?
    You're wrong for leading her on if she isn't what you want. You owe her an apology.
    If she wasn't your type....why is there an appropriate grieving period? Why did you even get with her and tell her you love her if you didn't intend on trying to make it work? It sounds like you're better off alone.

6. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

lets not be harsh everyone. 95% of communication is non verbal, maybe he is on to something, maybe not.

If you sense something, maybe its good to trust that intution. communication is key however so talk to her. I think its odd that she hasn't gotten in touch with you since the phone call. Things shouldn't be one way. both of you should be seeking each other out on a fairly equal level.

However, sometimes people have a way of making a bigger deal out of something that wasn't much of a deal in the first place. most relationships end because petty/subtle BS is magnified due to lack of understanding and talk.

This is for you to decide. I am just seeing things from both sides.

7. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Dude, read carefully.

She has made the first move already by calling and texting. He shut her out. Why should she even consider talking to him on YIM?

The chick was misled from the beginning with the mush. That's what Moon_flower was going on about. Though people do change and sometimes we don't realize we could do better or no longer feel the same for someone until after some time. I don't fault Cozmo_g for that. But this whole ego thing about not backing down - that's your call, mate. All I can see is that you snubbed her first without any concrete evidence to justify your attitude. Why should she speak to you now?

Anyway, all the best.

8. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I ment him

9. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

Honestly I think you overreacted here and it seems to me that you're looking for an excuse to leave her, too. Why did you bother leading her on by telling you love her etc if you thoguht she wasn't your type?

10. fritz

fritz Heathen

Move on. You seem to really want to. Suck it up, & roll.
    & Good luck out there. ;)

11. cozmo_g

We worked it out, folks...she apologized, claims it was stress from joblessness, which I can understand. She's trying really hard to be a good g/f and I don't think I appreciated that before. I spent the days apart doing some thinking and she and I are closer now. Thanks for all the advice, but in the end my heart decided this one.

12. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Yay. It's nice when people post happy followups. I'm glad for you.