After the Nationals......Always Free Jamfest

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by earthmother, Jun 13, 2006.

1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Ah! I have had NO time to post on here lately due to organizing festivals! But here is the latest info. We have nearly completed the music line up for this years Jamfest! And what a great lineup it is. Check out the website address at the end of this post for the details and updates, and we want to see you ALL here!

Here is the most recent press release about the Jamfest....

Since the days of Woodstock, outdoor music festivals have grown more and more popular, springing up everywhere like flowers between the cracks. And as time has gone on, they have become a big business with tickets sometimes costing upwards of $100 for a weekend, not including the cost of food, parking or anything else for that matter. Not to put any of these venues down, they do a great job of providing excellent entertainment for all us music junkies. But there is a wonderful tho little known alternative right here in the hills of West Virginia for those who want to camp, hear great music, and share great fellowship without having to be independently wealthy. It is called the Always Free Peace & Music Jamfest which has been held every year for the past 11 years during the forth week of July at the Horse of a Different Color Ranch in Calhoun County, just outside Arnoldsburg, WV.

This Festival has grown in scope over the years, with its modest beginnings of 2 days of camping and non electric music in the woods with friends and neighbors to its current incarnation of a weeklong camping, drumming, live electric music extravaganza, with a couple thousand in attendance and bands from places like Nashville, Philadelphia, and DC, as well as some of the best musicians in the state.

Unlike most music festivals, this one is entirely FREE. Its creation stemmed partly from the knowledge that there are so many good bands and musicians out there whose agenda is simply to make a joyful noise and share it with others, and partly from the philosophy that there are alternatives to the commercial money oriented festivals that have become so popular. This festival not only gives musicians from all over an opportunity to promote themselves to a large and appreciative audience, but with the economy being as it is, it gives alot of folks the opportunity to attend who simply cannot afford the cost of tickets to some of the larger festivals.

The Always Free Peace & Music Jamfest has been described by some as a cross between Woodstock and a Rainbow Gathering. The Jamfest basically runs on miracles, faith and donations. The only admission fee is a request for peace, love and kindness towards each other, and volunteers to help out wherever needed. Firewood haulers, security, cooks, parking lot attendants, latrine diggers, all are volunteer. All the food is potluck and free, donated and cooked by guests and volunteers. All the musical contributions are voluntary as well, with a wide variety of genres from bluegrass and old time traditional to blues, rock, folk, jazz and alternative. Craft and merchandise vendors, traders, peace activists, comedians, jugglers, you name it, are all welcomed with open arms and no fees.

This years Always Free Peace & Music Jamfest will start on July 17th and run thru July 23rd, an entire week of camping, hiking, swimming, and jamming around the campfire, with bands onstage on Friday and Saturday, possibly on Thursday too, and an open mike on Sunday the 23rd. There is plenty of room to roam, lots of parking, many nice rustic tent sites, 3 miles of hiking trails, a hot shower, horseshoe pit, and a sweat lodge for everyones enjoyment.

So, pack your camping gear and your friends, and put this event on your calendars folks, its one you wont want to miss.

Check out http://erthma420.wirefire.com/downhome/downhome.html for more details.

2. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

luvin you earthmother..
    i doubt we will make it..mainly because we lost so much cash flow when i hurt my back,, we are WAY low on funds..

maybee next year??

we love you an yours an will be thinkin of ya that week..

luv n light..

we will be there in spirit.. keep in touch..

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

anyone that can,should do this festival..

we know earthmother an her old man are good family..

they will sure as hell give ya some good tunes an hospitality..

peace..

4. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Luv you folk! Thanks for the compliments! Were dissappointed that you cant come, but I know the $ thing! We are more broke right now than we have ever been.

Youre right about the good entertainment... And we finally have all the hiking trails cleaned up from the ice storm 2 years ago! 3 miles worth!

I swear if we live thru this summer, we will try to come pay yall a visit this fall.......

5. harlemralph

harlemralph Member

Hey Earthmother,
    This is Ralph's lady and wanted to thank you for taking care of my man while he is visiting with you. If you ever come to NYC, I will be sure to extend the same warmth and hospitality to you. God Bless You!!!

Warmest Rgds,
    Cristina