After the eighth school shooting in seven weeks – some gun control proposals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Imagine your life with a penis though Mel. You'd have saved a few hours by now, by not having to sit down.

Meliai likes this.
  2. storch

storch banned

Hey, what are forum-mates for if not to help you work through your shortcomings?

Meliai likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

News is news if it's the truth, it doesn't matter if no one listens, that doesn't make a fact a non fact.

It's a factual report of what is happening. The lack of an audience doesn't mean it didn't happen or wasn't reported.

4. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Platonic idealism never filled anyone's stomach, nor or facts synonymous with news. It ain't noteworthy if you can't do anything about it and nobody else is listening.

5. storch

storch banned

Well, unless the news is that facts are not synonymous with news. But I could be wrong . . . which would be news to me.

Good night.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Oh, I won't necessarily step away. But I want to see if you have anything to offer on your own besides racial innuendo. I've already provided quite a bit without getting much feedback from you. I've mentioned a number of studies showing a link between socioeconomic deprivation and crime--done by scholars who put years into their work, and I talked about links between policing practices and crime. You still seem to be dissatisfied.

Really the only case of an affluent black community I know about in any detail is that of Greenwood in Tulsa here in Oklahoma. Greenwood was the richest African-American community in the country in1921, with a commercial district known as the Black Wall Street. Over Memorial Day weekend on Main Street in Tulsa, a 19 year old African-American shoe shine "boy" entered an elevator in the Drexel building to go upstairs to the black bathroom (we had Jim Crow segregation laws back then). The elevator operator was a 17 year old white female. She screamed, he fled, and a clerk from a nearby office, perceiving the woman to be distraught, thought she had been assaulted and called the cops. The police arrested the young man in Greenwood. The young lady said she would not press charges. The Tulsa Tribune , known for its sensationalist style, reported the incident with the headline "Nab Negro for Attacking Girl In an Elevator". A mob of several hundred whites showed up at the courthouse, demanding that the sheriff turn over the suspect to them. The sheriff turned them away. Then a band of black men armed with rifles showed up to defend the suspect. The sheriff told them the situation was under control. But the whites, hearing about the armed blacks, armed themselves and tried to break into an armory. Seventy-five armed blacks showed up at the courthouse and offered their support to the sheriff. The white mob and black mob squared off, a shot was fired, and the mobs began firing at each other. The blacks retreated to Greenwood, with the white mob hot on their heels, looting black stores as they went, and opening fire at black bystanders. The fighting between blacks and whites escalated along the border of the black and white commercial districts, turning into a full-scale race riot, and even an aerial attack by private white-owned aircraft, complete with fire bombing of the neighborhood below. Public officials supplied the whites with arms and ammunition. The Oklahoma National Guard was called in and martial law declared.The total number of deaths is variously estimated at 100-300, although the exact figures will never be known because many of the bodies were buried quickly in unmarked graves. Over 1200 black homes, 200 businesses, and a couple of black hospitals were burned down, an estimated $31 million in 2018 dollars of damage was done to property, over 6,000 blacks were detained, and some 10, 000 were left homeless. A Commission appointed to study the calamity concluded in 2001 that the Tulsa government had conspired with the white mob against the blacks, and recommended reparations, which took the form of scholarships for African-Americans and a memorial park. Several years after the riots, Greenwood re-built itself, but became a high crime area during the Great Depression, experienced an economic and population drain with the end of segregation, and lost much of its territory to a highway loop. Racism is so sad. That's all I know. Plenty of guns. Lots of violence. But you probably want more contemporary examples.
    The Wealthiest Black Community in America Was Destroyed and No One Remembers It Happened
    Deep Greenwood (Tulsa), Oklahoma (1906–) | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed
    Greenwood, Tulsa - Wikipedia
    http://www.ebony.com/black-history/the-destruction-of-black-wall-street-405
    Burning of Greenwood, Oklahoma - The Black Wall Street
    GREENWOOD-TULSA, OKLAHOMA RACE RIOT: MAY 31-JUNE 1, 1921
    Tulsa Race Riot | Greenwood Cultural Center
    Tulsa Race Riot (1921) | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Its a wash cloth in an insecure white male's pants (as his gun doesn't fit there) ;)

8. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

This threads devolved

9. machinist

Heres one

Arm teachers

Toggle Almendro and farmerdon like this.
  10. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The word is writing, not righting

I'm sorry but I don't believe anyone has the "right" to be that dumb

11. machinist

What?

12. machinist

Did somebody mean to say speaking instead of righting and make themselves look dumb?

Haha

13. machinist

Pretty sad he digs up such a stale post in a huge thread just to call me dumb over a little detail and then fucks up himself

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  14. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yeah, pile up hardware. Bring Razorwire. Anti personnel mines under the lawn. Bulletproof glass. Tanks.

Lets fuck some shit up!

15. broony

broony Banned

Guns aint going anywhere.

Maybe anti-gun people should focus on mental health.

Mentally sick people kill people.

farmerdon likes this.
  16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

GLENGLEN likes this.
  17. broony

broony Banned

Id rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have one.

Guns aint going anywhere. Its part of the USA, accept it.

Anti-gun people are wasting their breath.

Focus on the mental health of people.

School shootings are just horrible.

If all the conservatives stayed and we shipped all the liberals to the UK the children would be a lot safer.

Hell ship them to canada I don't care.

Ban guns ill get a knife and stab you. Ban knives, ill get a bat and smash you, ban bats ill use my fist and ban my fist blah blah blah

Mental health is the problem.

Guns aint going anywhere.

I have 4 in my apartment and lots of ammo.

4 guns is nothing.

I am 1 of over 300million.

Ban us? Well shit is gonna go down and get real.

So focus on mental health. Look at the anti-depressants passed out like candy.

Guns aint the problem.

farmerdon likes this.
  18. broony

broony Banned

Pandoras Box was opened a long time ago. Ammo flew when it was.

If you don't want school shootings then their is one major problem.

Parents.

So some kids wont have the best background growing up. So how can the education system help the kids?

Well to start. The education system should teach kids HOW to think not WHAT to think.

When you force children to study, act, behave a certain way. They will act out. They will say FUCK YOU

Teach them how to think, they will grow.

The USA education system is so left and is so focused on steps you are forced, some kids just wont fall in line.

Teach the kids how to better their lives, not telling them how to.

A lot would change.

19. broony

broony Banned

The shootings are only going to continue cause the Left has infiltrated the public school system.

They are giving the public so few options that those who don't want to be part of the system are going to say NOPE.

Its biased agenda.

Teach kids HOW to think.

Liberal Arts? Please.

Can I just learn Art?

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Not

LOL – sorry mate but this seems like a desperate, simplistic and rather confused attempt at the - anything but guns – argument.

And your point is?

Can we? You think that’s it? For you it’s just a simple matter of Yes or No, it is or it isn’t – that is really simplistic thinking, the point of my post was to make you think, it was your chance to look into the subject and the issues involved - but instead you seem to have use it to stop thinking.

OK I think it simplistic to just go ‘its broken families’ as if this has to be a major factor, the point I was making is that, maybe it could be a factor but does it have to be.

Just to say ‘broken families’ inevitably result in higher homicide and crime rates is to neglect the complexities of the issue, thing is that not all single parent families are ‘broken’ or have to be.

There are socio-economic influences involved which can lessen or harden the effects of single parentage. It is going to affect different groups differently depending on support structure and circumstance. The more advantaged are going to feel the effects of single parentage much less than those who are disadvantaged, the burden of single parentage is going to less for the disadvantaged in places with well-funded Social Services and welfare systems.

Can you try and move beyond simplistic Yes or No thinking?

Where did I confirm?

Again this is really simplistic thinking, and does not address the outstanding criticisms of it already raised – why are you forcing people to repeat stuff already covered – I hope the right wingers that complained of circular arguments take note of this.

What are you going on about? Can you please clarify and explain your thinking, as this seems like gibberish.

Away from what? Did you miss something out?

Again simplistic thinking – does the prison population figures mean the US has a much greater crime problem or a problem with its judicial and penal system? Many would say the latter, so time for you to do some studying and think about that. If you get too lost I’ll help out.

LOL well it could be the price of twinkies for all the thought and depth you seem to have given the subject.

(D-) Could do a lot better

PS: Maybe you should take Okie as an example he gets an A+ for his contributions

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Okiefreak likes this.
  21. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Couldn't Agree More.......As I Said In The PM's We Have Exchanged.......There Most Certainly

Is A Mental Health Problem.......And You Sir Have A Serious Example Of That.....

Seek Help.....

Cheers Glen.

Okiefreak likes this.
  22. broony

broony Banned

GLEN i have talked to mental health professionals.

They don't know how to deal with me.

I can question their thoughts and motives tell it becomes silent and they are lost.

:sunglasses:

23. broony

broony Banned

Thank you Farmerdon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.