After all these years ? Where are we now ?

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by half a hippie, Feb 12, 2012.

1. half a hippie

half a hippie Member

After all the rantings and ravings...

I have finally sobered down..

In my late 20's now ... haven't been on this forum since more than a year..

Wonder what the old friends on this forum are upto ?

How many got married ? How many have kids ?

How many have progressed on the spiritual path ?

How many have passed on ?

I await these answers,, take your time ,, I will respond when I log in again in some months time...

Hari Om !

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Hi HH.:)

When you say you've sttled down, do you mean you're now a married person?

Anyway, it's nice to hear from you.....................:sunny:

I'm still into much the same things as I was. But hopefully, with a larger understanding, maybe just a tiny bit further on.
    Still living very much in the 'Savitri' age .......

This forum isn't what it once was I'm afraid. I check it out maybe once a month, but all the people who made it such a good place a few years back have moved on, or so it seems. There's only myself and my friend GD Kumar who occaisionally post here now.

All the others like spook 13.(who i really miss quite a lot) SGB. Bhaskar, Jedi, Chief Cowpie etc seem to have gone. It's a shame, but that's the nature of the internet, and maybe of life too.

I'm nearly 55 now, and my wordly situation has gone downhill a bit over the last few years. I am worried over my situation, but I also have a kind of feeling of assurance that the Divine Mother is watching over me. So I try to have trust in Her, and in Sri A, and ultimately in the divine. So far, despite my fears, I supose I'm really ok.In fact. at times, pretty good.

I hope anyway that all is well with you and yours. :2thumbsup: Thanks for thinking of us here folks.

Love,

BBB.:daisy:

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

For some reason I felt like checking back today, and this thread made me smile. A lot has changed since I was here last. I spent an year in an ashram, found love, got married, and about 2 months ago witnessed the birth of my first child.
    Two years ago I also began to study/teach Srimad Bhagavatam in depth, and have finished about 1/4 of it.
    So that's me.
    Though isn't it strange, after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same...

ZenKarma likes this.
  4. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Dear Bhaskar,

So nice to hear from you again. Congratulations on getting married and on arrival of your first child.

Things have become very dull at HF after all the friends except BBB slowly started leaving or keeping off the pages that we shared. Feel we can always find some time to contribute little here to cheer up and enrich ourselves, as in the past, at the end of each meaninglessly busy day. I miss you all very much. However, very often I scan the pages just to see if anybody is around.

Hope to hear from you regularly.

Love and best wishes.

5. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Dear half-a-hippie,

Nice to see you back after such a long time.

It's a matter of great pain to see the friends leaving the HF one after the other. I am at one with dear BBB and greatly miss all particularly Spook13, CCP, SGB, Jedi, Bhaskar and you. At times I feel like calling out loud.."Where are all of you ? "

Please all get married, settle down and come back here to contribute. I am keeping fine and come here often to see if anybody is around. Anyway, take care and keep well wherever you are.

Love and best wishes.

Kumar.

6. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

This is the first time I've been here in, gosh, 2 years. I came here to look for a story one of you all posted awhile ago (and I read the best version here) and I saw this post...

I am 25 now (I think I started here in high school), I have a Masters degree in religious studies, I live in Brooklyn , and I work with a "Christian" (sort of) group for the broken, misfits and in interfaith relations.

Bhaskar and I keep in touch but its so nice to know that all of you are around and doing well. I certainly have never forgotten all of the lessons you have all taught me, the spiritual advice, stories, and words. They live on like imprints on my heart.

Be well dear friends, and smile. :)

Also...if you would like to read my writings:

http://sacredvoices.wordpress.com

I always would love contributions to this blog.

7. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

After all these years I remain in a constant state of becoming.

8. BlackBillBlake

It seems we are the same.:) But who are 'we' really who don't change but experience the changes?

Congratulations on your marriage and new baby. It's good to know you're doing well. Somehow, I think I detect a slightly different voice emerging in you....more mature, with a wider view.

Anyway - take care.:)

BBB. :sunny:

P.S. - Boy or girl?? Do let us know.

9. BlackBillBlake

Hi Nicole:)

When I have time I'll check out your blog. So glad that you've got your masters.

Lovely to hear from you.:)

BBB.

10. BlackBillBlake

You know that I often think of you my freind.:)

I think marriage may be somewhat unlikely in my case - but who can say?:love:

Pranams

BBB.

11. BlackBillBlake

How about unbecoming? Ever try that?

I'm not being facetious. The Gita speaks of two great cosmic movements, the privritti and nivritti. These are movements of the rolling out, and rolling back up of the cosmic manifestation.

Anyway, just a quick thought there - and I've replied to everyone else so why make exceptions.

As a wise man said, may your God go with you.:2thumbsup:

12. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I understand. To me one breath is both an inhalation and an exhalation. Even though the air moves in apparently opposite directions, it is a single impulse without opposite.

13. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Originally posted by SvgGrdnBeauty........

"This is the first time I've been here in, gosh, 2 years. I came here to look for a story one of you all posted awhile ago (and I read the best version here) and I saw this post...

I am 25 now (I think I started here in high school), I have a Masters degree in religious studies, I live in Brooklyn , and I work with a "Christian" (sort of) group for the broken, misfits and in interfaith relations.

Bhaskar and I keep in touch but its so nice to know that all of you are around and doing well. I certainly have never forgotten all of the lessons you have all taught me, the spiritual advice, stories, and words. They live on like imprints on my heart.

Be well dear friends, and smile. :)

Also...if you would like to read my writings:

http://sacredvoices.wordpress.com

I always would love contributions to this blog. "
    ...................................................................................................

Nicole, dear,

What a great pleasure and relief to hear from you after such a long time ! I remeber, you were a 16-year old girl with all simplicity of a small child
    when you joined the Forums. Congratulations on your post graduation and present occupation.

In the absence of most of you I , very often, went back to the old pages of the Forums to read the much enriching posts from all of you. I cherish the rich memories. Yes, it pains.... the pain of missing all dear ones from these pages.

I am now running 62 but still going strong and continuing my service. It will be so nice of all of you to drop in once in a while and keep in touch.

You are the blessed and dear child of the Lord. Do never get detached from Him. He shall be guiding and protecting you at all times.

Lots of love and best wishes,

Kumar.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nearly everyone I know from school is married and have children. Lol suckers!! Only a few of us that aren't and they're all the friends that I was with and remained friends with. And they all seemed to marry people from school. I don't think that your soul mate, the one you're gonna long to be with is going to be the person you went to school with, yet alone city you grew up in... Or country.

15. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

From BBB...

"You know that I often think of you my freind.:)

I think marriage may be somewhat unlikely in my case - but who can say?:love:

Pranams

BBB. "
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear Andrew,

Yes, I do know and keep coming back to these pages often.

Understand there is no time these days for people to relax for a while. Modern world has brought us much closer yet there is so much of emptiness. There is no time to sit together for a while and share our thoughts. We have become dumb robots with all consciousness. Or is it because now we are all so much full that we have become less noisy ! A time comes when after all talks and years of joyful meditations suddenly everything dissappears and it all becomes dull and dry. That becomes the most testing period of one's life. People become discouraged and disappointed and tend to give up everything.

But please hold on, be careful, when everything stops and becomes quiet, that is the time the serpentile power (Kundalini Shakti) in the form of Divine Consciousness wakes up to show our true being in its own light. Once we know and see that we can again really talk and talk about things except trying to describe what we saw.

Well, let it happen to all here. Yesterday I was re-reading the pages of the epic thread, "Hare Krishna". I cried like a little boy. Wonderful is not the word, it is inspiring and path showing. I fondly remembered the much misunderstood friend, "Chiefcowpie". I feel like calling out loud for him, "Where are you Chief ?". His contributions are so rich and powerful that if read patiently, any person will stop and take a turn in life towards the journey to finding the truth. I also wonder about the young man, Sleeping Jiva, who was hell bent upon his promise not to look up and see beyond Srila Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada and Krishna.

We have grown older,alright but have we gone closer to Him ? Time is ticking off, are we trying best for meeting the sole purpose of this life ? Shall we be able to say the last words like Dadaji uttered, "The Lord has come, wash my hands, I will touch His feet".

Whenever you are all free please come back here and share your experiences. I am sure, SGB has so far kept many experiences secret which surely someday she would love to share with us. A true Jesus or Krishna devotee becomes a leela-sangi to experience wonderful leelas. And undoubtedly she is one. Bhaskar always thinks it is not the right time to share his unlimited accounts with us. Well, Bhaskar, we can always wait.

Hari Aum ! Hari Aum ! Hari Aum !

Lots of love to all.

Kumar.

16. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

Dear Lord may we all have such grace indeed.

17. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

Hi Nicole! Dear, so nice to see you back here.

Yes, let us all pray for that all-important grace to shower upon us.

Love,

Kumar.

18. philuk

philuk Member

Many a year since I last posted; glad to read of all your experiences. Great news about the marriage and baby Bhaskar. Like yourself Bill, maybe more downs than ups since we last spoke - although I often think that the bad things (in a worldly sense) can wake us up to experience the light. I wish you all to have joy in your heart and a smile on your face. All the best.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't know you buuuut I got engaged to my long term gf.
    I also went to some good gigs recently and had looooots of fun. =]

20. BlackBillBlake

Where are we all now? Lost in a lost world. As we were before, whenever that was.